Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought the 307 from the auctions its got 1020000 miles and I'am having problems with coolant leaking from the expansion tank. On investigating I found the thermostate had been removed so I replaced this but still got the same problem.I've checked the oil and water for any contamination and found nothing can anyone help me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
expansion tank leaking on peugeot307

please can someone help me I'am having problems with coolant leaking the expansion tank. changed the thermostate and checked oil and water for contamination ok but still getting lots of pressure someone says it could be the pump cavetating

·
Registered
862 Posts
Graham Parker said:
please can someone help me I'am having problems with coolant leaking the expansion tank. changed the thermostate and checked oil and water for contamination ok but still getting lots of pressure someone says it could be the pump cavetating

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
Could be the impeller on the water pump is rusted away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
water loss

could just be the cap on expansion tank needs replacing check the hoses to see if they all get hot check return pipe if not returning water pump could be faulty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Graham ..when i purchased my 307 hdi about 18 months ago (off a guy that had lots of drinking water bottles in the boot of car) wonder why:confused: i had a serious coolant loss and i thought it was the cylinder hd gkt...after investigating i found it to be a loose small blue screw on cap which is situated on the right hand side of the engine just under the large plastic engine cover (as you look above engine bay) seems to be some kind of coolant bleeding device and thats all my problem was!...hope yours is similar...good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts