Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I have a 03 peugeot 2.0 hdi 110 since purchasing it in 2008 ive had nothing but issues which has resulted in me paying 1000s in repairs

here are some:

New clutch
new fly wheel
wheel bearings
suspension
electrics (nearly every other week)

My lastest problem i have is lack of power the car has no turbo whats so ever making the car very slugish, we get 3 messages displayed on the dash every time we drive it (anti pollution fault) (unblock diesel filter) (diesel additive minimun). I took it to a garage the other week who couldnt fix the problem i no 1 thing he done which was take the dpf off(dont quote me on this) and cleaned all the soot out???? Im to scared to take it to peugeot as i can see it being very costly indeed, does anyone no what i can do to solve this turbo issue???? and all the other messages appearing ????

many thanks dave

·
Registered
121 Posts
sounds like you will need the eolys fluid filling (it says diesel additive on the screen)
this is used for the DPF to regenerate. If its empty it can't be used.
However if it has been cleaned, you should just need to get it filled up.
The ECU will need to be 'told' that this has been carried out.

2 options would be;

1: Take to the stealers and get them to do it (costly)
2: Get the fluid you need, fill it yourself. Find somebody nearby who has Peugeot Planet to clear the fault codes for you and 'tell' the computer the work is done.

I am by no means any expert and have only gathered this information from reading these boards, so somebody please back me up or tell us that I'm wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers winney, i took it to my local garage who was gona fill it up but told me he could'nt cause he needed a special tool to do this an only peugeot have it??????? Will doin this give me my turbo back???/

tiptronic i will never buy a diesel peugeot ever again id rather walk this cant has taken £1000s off me im sick of it, just want to get it sorted and sell it on.

thanks guys

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
he can put the fluid in easy. you need the "special tool" that he mentioned to connect to the ECU and tell it the DPF has been cleaned "replaced" and the fluid filled.

check the link in my sig to find a local user who has planet and can reset the ECU when you have done the work.

the turbo issue, isnt actually the turbo. its the car going into limp home mode.

pretty much winney hit the nail on the head. :thumb:

tiptronic - you know all modern diesel, well almost all of them, come with a DPF and fluid. so they can be more eco to the enviroment and alot more friendly than the government on the owners wallet with fuel costs.

obviously time and again your going to need maintenance on this item to keep it good. and now manufacturers have got wise and started to use maintenance free DPF (no fluid) and can last upto 80k miles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ahh you beat me to it John. I was going to say it is more likely going into limp mode, then went to find your last post to get the link for PP Map.

D

·
0 Posts
hello,

I have a 03 peugeot 2.0 hdi 110 since purchasing it in 2008 ive had nothing but issues which has resulted in me paying 1000s in repairs

here are some:

New clutch
new fly wheel
wheel bearings
suspension
electrics (nearly every other week)

My lastest problem i have is lack of power the car has no turbo whats so ever making the car very slugish, we get 3 messages displayed on the dash every time we drive it (anti pollution fault) (unblock diesel filter) (diesel additive minimun). I took it to a garage the other week who couldnt fix the problem i no 1 thing he done which was take the dpf off(dont quote me on this) and cleaned all the soot out???? Im to scared to take it to peugeot as i can see it being very costly indeed, does anyone no what i can do to solve this turbo issue???? and all the other messages appearing ????

many thanks dave

With all respect, your cheapest option would have been to take it to a dealer first. They would have probably known whats up with it quicker than the garage that looked at it for you.
You will need a diagnostic check done anyhow.
The air circuit needs to be checked on your car first off, paying attention to the vacuum solenoid valves, piping etc.

J

·
0 Posts
Temporarily it will.... but if the fault isn't fixed aswell, it'll go straight back into limp mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right cool im starting to understand it all now i just found some1 with PP in my area so you think my best bet would be to get them to tell what needs sorting???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts