Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my car remapped this month but I want to fit an intercooler first. It's the 90bhp 2.0 RHY engine. I've read that I can fit an intercooler from the RHZ engine, how do I do this? And which intercooler is it? When I search on ebay I see two different types of intercooler

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
RHZ is 110 model but you dont just need the intercooler you need all the boost pipes too AND the turbo is actually different with the pipes going down under sump where yours goes up into the intake.

Its not as simple as you think although it is dooable its not simple.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind doing the work I just can't find a clear answer on what I need or how to do it. There's a lot of threads about it but none really go in to detail

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
It will make a difference and if he is doing a remap it is really essential to keep the temps down as the more boost you use the more heat you make hence the reason higher power versions get an intercooler :)

You need the intercooler
ALL the pipes
The intake elbow
You will need to alter the snail on the turbo if possible to face downwards to connect to the 110 boost pipes or you will need to make some custom pipework to fit OR you could use the 110 turbo complete but you would then have a wastegate that needs vacuum to operate so that would need altered !

There are various ways of doing it hence why there is no thread showing how to do it different people will do it different ways.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will make a difference and if he is doing a remap it is really essential to keep the temps down as the more boost you use the more heat you make hence the reason higher power versions get an intercooler :)

You need the intercooler
ALL the pipes
The intake elbow
You will need to alter the snail on the turbo if possible to face downwards to connect to the 110 boost pipes or you will need to make some custom pipework to fit OR you could use the 110 turbo complete but you would then have a wastegate that needs vacuum to operate so that would need altered !

There are various ways of doing it hence why there is no thread showing how to do it different people will do it different ways.
Thank you, I'll try finding all the parts.

Do you know which intercooler it is? I'm seeing two different types of intercooler when I search on google.

And I'm guessing custom piping would be the cheaper option?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts