Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I was hoping you might be able to help me...
my mechanic can't figure out what is wrong with my Pug 307 1.6 Rapier.
The engine is ticking over but not catching (and now due to trying to get it started is in eco-mode)
As far as I am aware my mechanic tried:
new fuel pump
cam sensor
immobiliser

Before this happened my car would cut out when I was slowing and either catch just before stalling or stall and I would have to turn the key to restart. This started to happen more frequently and then the day came when I tried to turn on and nothing accept ticking over.

Any ideas?! I am supposed to be selling to someone but they have only offered me £65 - it has 10 months on the MOT and only 73k on the clock so I would rather fix it if it is something relatively small. PLEASE HELP :(

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
What else can you tell us about the car - diesel/petrol, have you had any work done on it prior to the issue starting etc...

Get the car diagnosed on Peugeot Planet - search for "Planet Map" on the forum, find someone local to you and find out whether they can help you. Once you've got the diagnostics results, live data and fault codes, post them up on here and we'll have a look :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's petrol. Had new cam belt fitted at 71k, passed MOT just days prior to this happening. No major work done or anything...
Only other thing that might be worth noting is that I bought it with a dodgy fuel gauge - as in when I fill up with fuel the dashboard metre doesn't do anything (if that makes sense?!) The only way I know when I need to fill up is when the 'low fuel' message comes up. I'm not sure if this is at all relevant and I'm no good with cars as you can probably tell!

Thank you, I've contacted someone - just waiting for response.
Are people that have Peugeot Planet generally willing to travel? Closest on the map I could find was 1 hour away?
sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Thank you, I've contacted someone - just waiting for response.
Are people that have Peugeot Planet generally willing to travel? Closest on the map I could find was 1 hour away?
sorry for all the questions
I guess that depends on each owner's personal circumstances - if I'm not busy, I'm happy travelling so long as there's a bit of diesel money and a pint in it for me :D

But I think Gloucestershire is a little bit too far for me..... :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only other thing that might be worth noting is that I bought it with a dodgy fuel gauge - as in when I fill up with fuel the dashboard metre doesn't do anything (if that makes sense?!) The only way I know when I need to fill up is when the 'low fuel' message comes up. I'm not sure if this is at all relevant and I'm no good with cars as you can probably tell!

do you think this is relevant?!

thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If the "Fuel Low" message flashes, then I'd say it's just the needle that isn't working - your tank is still being measured and is recognising when it's empty.

There are loads of possible causes, which is why diagnostics is the best place to start :thumb:

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read here it explains how to contact a member http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

if you get someone turning key to try start then spray some easy start in the air intake does it sound like it started when spraying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts