Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above i was driving along when all of a sudden the car started juddering like the traction control on the brakes was kicking in just when stopping normally no warning light or lights at this time it lasted for a while then the abs light came on and the juddering stopped after about another 5 minutes the STOP light came flashing on and off along with the hand brake light basically the whole braking system was telling me it wasn't working when it was,
Next day the car had cleared all the lights apart from the juddering then the same again no light juddering straight from moving off and braking then light on juddering when braking stops then after 5 mins or so the flashing stop light ect ect i have recently just replaced all four discs and pads and a new n/s/drive shaft and maintain the car very well but if anyone can point out what it might be before i go to the garage and more importantly is it safe to drive as the brakes feel fine??

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The juddering is the ABS braking system TRYING to work but its confused due to a missing signal most likely it then gives up and puts the lights on so as above recheck what was done and especially airgaps in rear hubs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The juddering is the ABS braking system TRYING to work but its confused due to a missing signal most likely it then gives up and puts the lights on so as above recheck what was done and especially airgaps in rear hubs.
Thanks for the info i will go back to the chap that did the rear discs and pads the other week,
Will the flashing stop light and hand brake light on while driving be linked to the same issue.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the info i will go back to the chap that did the rear discs and pads the other week,
Will the flashing stop light and hand brake light on while driving be linked to the same issue.
Very probably.
I had a similar issue on a Merc A class when I had the discs replaced. The garage had left the ABS sensor loose so I got an ABS and ESR fault, fortunately without the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You will get a flashing stop light if the handbrake light is on as the system thinks you are trying to drive with the handbrake on and tries to warn you. The switch has obviously been disturbed and needs fixing so the light goes off when the handbrake is released. It might be the whole cause of your issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will get a flashing stop light if the handbrake light is on as the system thinks you are trying to drive with the handbrake on and tries to warn you. The switch has obviously been disturbed and needs fixing so the light goes off when the handbrake is released. It might be the whole cause of your issue.
Thanks ill look into that as it was something i never thought about could have been disturbed when the rear discs where getting replaced its all making sense now thanks for the pointers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts