Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the forum wondering if any one can help I was driving my 307 on the a19 yesterday suddenly approaching road works that dropped to the 30 mph so went to slow down and got a oil pressure low warning and sounded like the car was jumping out of gear smoke coming from bonnet and smoke coming from back of exhaust so pulled up to find the oil cap missing and oil coving the engine compartment rather than drive I had rac rocever me home I have cleaned as much oil as possible from the engine however it now won’t start any help appreciated

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
What did you use to clean the engine ??
Does the engine turn over ??

If you used a pressure washer you have likely soaked the fusebox and ECU connectors. Could be water shorting out the connections or even water has got into the ecu.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for that I clean up what I could with just dry clothes cleaning electrical connectors then cleaned the reset with engine degreaser it does turn over and have had it briefly started by spraying damp start in to but runs very rough for a moment but cuts bk out as soon as you stop spraying

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
1 beep test
2 check turbo
how much oil was left as it sounds like you may have had a slight runaway as your description is vague hopefully not though but thats why im saying check the turbo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve done the beep test all fine as for the turbo unsure how to check that oil level was still fine even straight after before it sprayed the oil it was making the noise as if your putting it into the wrong gear even tho was in gear and dragged itself up the road a few hundred yards without touching anything before cutting out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have performed the beep test all was fine oil level was still fine after it cut out I’ll try explain a bit more as I was driving it seemed like it was jumping out of gear making a crunching noise as if it was put in gear without the clutch pressed then dropped itself 200 yards before coming to a stand still as for the turbo would the car still start just poorly running

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Remove the black intake pipe on the turbo coming from the airfilter and feel the turbo shaft for movement its sounding to me like the turbo may have failed hopefully not its hard to diagnose online !

A small amount of up down play is fine and if it rotates freely then its probably ok the next most likely thing is the EGR but that would not explain oil leakage unless cap was just left loose.

Other possibility is its ran out of fuel as this can make them rev up prior to stalling again would not explain the oil leakage.

My bet is on turbo or EGR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I removed the black intake pipe checked the turbo there no play in it as for the egr I’ve just plugged in the code reader and it’s bringing up po405 egr p1351 preheating relay circuit and p1113 fuel rail pressure sensor I have cleared all the codes and none have come back on but unsure if car needs to be running for it to throw back out the codes there’s plenty of diesel in the car would the egr stop the car running altogether thanks for all your help

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Pressure sensor fault could mean many things glow plug fault ALWAYS present

If you crank it and the pressure sensor fault comes back then that is probably whats wrong no fuel pressure due to well documented low pressure pipes being pinholed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi thanks for that I’ve just fitted a fuel pressure sensor the one on the end of the fuel rail now car will start on easy start every time but with no pedal response and soon as you stop spraying the easy start it cuts out I’ve cracked the injectors and all seem to be pulling diesel through any thoughts thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
You cant crack the injectors that causes the ecu to see a leak and it STOPS fuel they are on a common rail opening any pipe causes a pressure loss

Reading a fault code and replacing whatever part the code refers to rarely works you need live data readings to see fuel pressure ACTUAL values you also need to see cranking speed and cam crank sync.

Your engine is not starting on easy start it simply burns whatever it breathes in its not running on it.

It could start on easy start as you call it even if the ecu was unplugged !!

Only thing the easy start is telling you is the engine is capable of running if it gets the correct electrical signals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi sorry I forgot to mention it’s has been hooked up to a laptop all live data apparently is correct apart from there a permanent fault on the low pressure fuel sensor it’s coming up at 8 but apparently should be running at 1000 is this correct and any ideas how to resolve it many thanks for all your reply’s

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Again its hard to help as you just drip feed info as for you data reading we need to know what its being measured in but its not planet/diagbox readings as it should be reading 300 bar not 1000

You can resolve it by diagnosing it properly

Live data readings for cam and crank sync
cranking speed
fuel pressure

All above need to be done while cranking

Post up readings for all 3 of those including what the pressure is being measured in so it can be compared to what we are familiar with.

As i have already hinted at i recon you have pinholes in your feedpipes common issue on these engines

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi thanks again for the reply I've just had it hooked back up to the laptop cam and crank sync just comes up a yes they are in sync cranking speed is measuring 225rpm as for fuel pressure that's reading between 0-8 bar hope this helps

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Ok in that case your problem is as I thought you are getting a low fuel pressure reading and it's not because the sensor is faulty it's most likely a correct reading IE you have no fuel pressure !

Again I say pinhole in fuel pipes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok thanks for your time I've got it booked in Tuesday to have them replaced I'll post the outcome thanks for all your help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts