Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if these are easy to replace. I have not done one on this make of car before so any advice would be great.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I replaced the clutch on my 2.0 hdi hatch and it wasn't technically difficult even though I had to do it in the road outsid my house. I guess it all depends on whether you have access to a pit or ramp, the tools you have available and your personal experience.

I had never attempted a clutch replacement on a transverse engine before and found the Haynes manual was an excellent source of information required. I would hgave struggled without it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure how much the 1.6 differs to the 2.0 HDi (136BHP with 6 speed) but I'm just putting mine back together after swapping the flywheel to a solid and new clutch.
I've never worked on a Peugeot before and what caught me out was the weird (to me anyway) mix of Torx, Allen and regular bolts. Also a 8mm square gearbox drain plug WTF?!?! - never seen that before and had to make my own tool. I'm in Aus so mainly see Jap makes - maybe the square plug is more common in Europe.
Also my advice is to drop the subframe out. I had read it could be done with it in and I did get the box out with the subframe fitted but there was no way I could have got the box back on with it fitted. Would have saved me a load of time to take it off first. The irony is that once you have split the ball joints its only the sway bar, exhaust rubber hangers, steering box and four bolts to take it out.
As I said this is for the 2.0 136bhp so may not apply to the 1.6.
I'll do a write up on my experiences on here when done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how much the 1.6 differs to the 2.0 HDi (136BHP with 6 speed) but I'm just putting mine back together after swapping the flywheel to a solid and new clutch.
I've never worked on a Peugeot before and what caught me out was the weird (to me anyway) mix of Torx, Allen and regular bolts. Also a 8mm square gearbox drain plug WTF?!?! - never seen that before and had to make my own tool. I'm in Aus so mainly see Jap makes - maybe the square plug is more common in Europe.
Also my advice is to drop the subframe out. I had read it could be done with it in and I did get the box out with the subframe fitted but there was no way I could have got the box back on with it fitted. Would have saved me a load of time to take it off first. The irony is that once you have split the ball joints its only the sway bar, exhaust rubber hangers, steering box and four bolts to take it out.
As I said this is for the 2.0 136bhp so may not apply to the 1.6.
I'll do a write up on my experiences on here when done.
OK thank you for that will look forward to reading it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts