Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a big problem with a peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 110 bhp 2 weeks ago driving down m5 south all fine until i got to junction 18 avon mouth when the car lost virtually all engine power it just woundnt go over 50 then stop light came on and the oil light came on too but no engine management light and the then just stopped.got towed to a garage which they pluged a diagnostics into it and it showed up a (ecu fault internal fault) and a (turbo booster fault)got the car back home turbo cartridge is loose so this needs replacing i need some help because the oil in the car is all like glue and i need to clean the oil out of all the engine is this possible i have all ready done the particle filter also there is oil around the top off one of the injectors has the oil come up through the cylinder and does the head have to come off thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
first clean engine check oil suck in bottom check oil pipe trou turbo change bottom screw on the pipe for injector just need change washer no need head off just injector

D

·
0 Posts
hi all i have a big problem with a peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 110 bhp 2 weeks ago driving down m5 south all fine until i got to junction 18 avon mouth when the car lost virtually all engine power it just woundnt go over 50 then stop light came on and the oil light came on too but no engine management light and the then just stopped.got towed to a garage which they pluged a diagnostics into it and it showed up a (ecu fault internal fault) and a (turbo booster fault)got the car back home turbo cartridge is loose so this needs replacing i need some help because the oil in the car is all like glue and i need to clean the oil out of all the engine is this possible i have all ready done the particle filter also there is oil around the top off one of the injectors has the oil come up through the cylinder and does the head have to come off thanks
Is the engine oil in the oil filter like glue? All sticky?
Most certainly wrong oil has been put in the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes like glue but will i be able clean it all out because its gone up through the air system too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hallo

I need some advice

I changed the oil filter and put a brand new one and oil on my Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI using TOTAL 5W-40 oil type.

Now, I checked the oil and it is so black.
Is that normal?
I tried to read similar posts but they all suggested that in such cases, probably the mechanic did really change oil or oil filter.

In my case, I put all new i.e new oil filter, new oil all by myself. and yesterday i changed the air filter as well.

Any one who could advice me of what to do I would appreciate so much.

Thank you and Happy new year.

·
11,731 Posts
Yes, new oil does go black pretty quickly in a diesel engine. Google lists reasons why.

Closing because this is a new question tagged onto an old thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.