Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum so not to clued up on how it works, Ive got a misfire on my peugeot 307 ive tried absoloutly everthing to fix it such as
- Spark plugs
- Coil pack
- new injectors
- lambda sensors
- Camshaft position sensors
- Air intake manifold
- Throttle body
- Injector rail
Its had a compression test which came back ok ive thought it could be down to the egr valve but i couldnt find one anywere plus i got told my car doesnt have one, the only thing i can think of doing now is changing me ecu,bsi unit and key fob as i have got a spare pug aswell not a mechanic trying my hardest to fix it just woundering if their is anything i havent tried ???????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got an obd2 scanner that come up with p0300 and a p0440 which is evaperative emission fault, but that only coming up because my engine isn't running efficiently, at first I changer the charcoal canister that didn't make any difference what so ever, will a planet tell me the fault exactly or the same as the above cheers

·
12,372 Posts
Planet is far more than a code reader, it checks all key components of the car.

P0300:

Faulty spark plugs or wires
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
Faulty camshaft position sensor
Defective computer

P0440:

This indicates that a part of the EVAP control system is no longer fuctioning correctly. The EVAP system consists of many parts, including (but not limited to) the gas cap, fuel lines, carbon canister, purge valve, and other hoses. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

The gas cap is not installed or working properly The purge solenoid has failed The canister is plugged and not working properly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked most of that on p0300 apart from computer, think I'm gunna have to put it on a planet c how it goes, how Can I find out if my car has an egr valve and solenoid a bloke who I spoke to said it doesn't have one and I've looked all over for it in the Haynes and it doesn't seem to be their much appreciated for the help anyways

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I doubt you will get a reply from 8 years ago! Try starting your own thread with full car details and as much info on defect and if any fault codes or work done to fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts