Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I?m after a bit of of help/advise, I just bought my first 307 hdi and at first all seemed fine, my problem began when I first took it on the duel carriage way and I noticed it?s total lack of acceleration it?s as if the turbo is not kicking in, the speed maxed out at 70 mph which took an eternity to get to and won?t rev over 4500rpm, I?ve read on different posts about cleaning egr valve and checking all vacuum pipes which as far as I can see are ok, I?ve also been told about the cat blocking up but I?ve tried removing it and taking it for a drive but that made no difference. Any help or advise off anyone will be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
How did you drive it without the cat on because that means the exhaust was not connected and so it would have been making a hellava racket?
You can physically check the turbo is OK by disconnecting the air pipe and check to see if it rotates, whilst the engine is switched off of course, with your finger. Better to do that when it is cold. Then start and run it and see if it rotates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it was pretty loud lol!! I just turned the radio up a little bit higher ?, I?ve checked if the turbo is working and it seems fine, when I had the cat off you could actually here it, it?s just when driving the car the revs start going up and when I would of thought the turbo should kick in nothing happens, my brother had the 1.4 hdi about 5 years ago and his felt a lot more nippy than the one I got now

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
4500rpm is about the limit on this engine I believe. Any signs of oil in the air ducts? Checking the EGR valve is fiddly due to where it is but is doable. My valve was clean but gunge had built up where it feeds into the inlet manifold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I?ve had the egr valve off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner but it didn?t seem that bad really, I think there should be more go in the car than what?s there, I bought it for a cheap run a round for work but I have to travel 9 miles down the duel carriage way and it struggles to get to 70 before I have to get off, I?ve seen Peugeot planet for sale on eBay for about £40 do you think it?s worth trying this before throwing more money at it?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I would read up about whats required and the problems you get with uploading the system. I had mine done by a computer expert and even he struggled but at least it works, So saying the egr system is vacuum powered and that is controlled by a solenoid so as long as that is working and you can confirm the pipes are not leaking(vacuum tester) and that the egr moves when vacuum is put on it then the only thing is a blockage as I said.
9 miles is not far and at least you are getting to 70. Have you done a full service on the car. Especially the fuel, air and oil filters? If you have then I would not waste money on trying to fix it but if you have not then it may be a fuelling issue.
My car is stuck in limp mode but I can still get to 70 and it is limited to 2950 rpm so I would say the fault is fuel based.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update for everyone, went out and purchased Peugeot Planet 2000 of eBay (£44 so not too bad) plugged it in to the car and done a full global test, come up with a few faults I.e maf opencircuit and an rear wheel abs sensor, parts replaced, cleared faults and car now all seems good?? thanks for all your help most appreciated, just need to program my new key in when it arrives to sort out my pesky central locking and I?ll be a happy boy ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts