Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car was very difficult to get up to 50mph ,ive changed the mass air flow meter and now goes upto 90mph , but you have to make an appointment for this to happen ,it is so slow to get to 30mph its dangerous to pull out at a junction ,also the fuel consumption as risen dramatically 200miles on 30 litres.
is ther a way of testing the turbo?
any help would be welcome .

·
Registered
12 Posts
The car was very difficult to get up to 50mph ,ive changed the mass air flow meter and now goes upto 90mph , but you have to make an appointment for this to happen ,it is so slow to get to 30mph its dangerous to pull out at a junction ,also the fuel consumption as risen dramatically 200miles on 30 litres.
is ther a way of testing the turbo?
any help would be welcome .
Hi there,

i have exactly same problem with my 307 1.4hdi. i had changed my turbo on good authority, however this did not cure the problem (so i would recommend against this). i still have the loss of power issue so not sure where to turn now. my hunch is that it is more electrical than mechanical fault as none of my management lights have come on.

can you advise where the mass air flow meter is located and rough idea on costs to repair this.

any help on this would be massively appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Remove and check the catalytic converter. Its probably blocking the exhaust.
i checked the cat and it was not blocked. there is good pressure coming out of the exhaust pipe at the rear of the car so don't believe this is the issue.

after changing the turbo and realising this made no difference to the problem i cleaned one of the air flows, i believe it was the 'mass air flow meter' - think there is some sort of sensor located here. it appeared to increase the power of my revs from 22 to 27. could this be the issure? nb - this certainly hasn't cured my problem and still struggling to get to 30/35mph.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
You can try this three ways ,

1, Buy one

2, Borrow one from the same engine car

3, Get one from a scrap yard (if you leave it back within 7 days they charge you 10%)

i would try them in this order 2, 3, 1 , if you get a result with number 2 then i would buy one.

·
Registered
12 Posts

1, Buy one

3, Get one from a scrap yard (if you leave it back within 7 days they charge you 10%)

i would try them in this order 2, 3, 1 , if you get a result with number 2 then i would buy one.

thanks BS - good advise. ok, i will try this out this week and report back to the forum. fingers crossed!

G

·

1, Buy one

4. Get a proper diagnostic check done with Peugeot Planet, and post up the faults if any here. Pay particular to the air circuit and the vacuum circuit and get them checked also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
4. Get a proper diagnostic check done with Peugeot Planet, and post up the faults if any here. Pay particular to the air circuit and the vacuum circuit and get them checked also.
i guess any peugeot garage will have this software to diagnose my car? don't they charge around £60 to diagnose each time? i may as well purchase the mass air flow for roughly that price?

only down side would be if changing the mass air flow does'nt cure.

ps thanks for the help so for. i'll post up the outcomes.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i took the car to peugeot to get the propa diagnostic done.

2 faults:

P0102 - air flow meter faulty

P0113 - egr Valve intermittent fault.

I have changed the air flow meter and this has not cured the problem.

As the egr valve replacement is going to cost me +£300 doing it with peugeot. before i do this, does anyone know any other fault it could be? or what i should try next?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could try cleaning the egr first :nod:
I think the reason for the cost of replacing egr by the garage was that labour costs were £300 and parts were £90. Peugeot said it was because it involves a lot of work getting to the egr.

Any suggestions how I would even go about giving the egr a clean?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took the car to another garage to replace the EGR valve and still no cure. this garage said that this was causing the air mass flow to appear faulty in the diagnostic. said that the egr was blocked/damaged.

they said that the problem is with my catalyst and the entire exhaust systme should be changed.. another expensive task. i have no idea now what to do as I have changed many expensive parts on good authority without a cure.

urgent help required.

G

·
I took the car to another garage to replace the EGR valve and still no cure. this garage said that this was causing the air mass flow to appear faulty in the diagnostic. said that the egr was blocked/damaged.

they said that the problem is with my catalyst and the entire exhaust systme should be changed.. another expensive task. i have no idea now what to do as I have changed many expensive parts on good authority without a cure.

urgent help required.
Thought you had the catalyst checked?
It blocks the exhaust big time in this engine. I had one the other day on a 206.
If you haven't had the cat off i nearly guarantee this is the problem!

·
Registered
12 Posts
the garage want to replace the cat and exhaust pipe...are they having me on or is it worth changing it all?

the garage said when they took this off the turbo/system they were getting normal revs out of the car. not sure what to make of this....will this definitely result to consistent lack of power in the accelarate? barely driving to 30mph.

G

·
the garage want to replace the cat and exhaust pipe...are they having me on or is it worth changing it all?

the garage said when they took this off the turbo/system they were getting normal revs out of the car. not sure what to make of this....will this definitely result to consistent lack of power in the accelarate? barely driving to 30mph.
Yes, the catalytic converter has broken up and is blocking the exhaust!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts