Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 1995 PEUGEOT 306 TURBO DIESEL WITH THE XUD ENGINE IVE CHANGED INJECTORS,GLOW PLUGS,LEAK OFF PIPES BUT IT SMOKES LIKE A TRAIN TILL IT GETS HOT THEN ITS FINE ITS WHITE SMOKE WHICH IS UNBURNT DIESEL AS YOU CAN SMELL IT ALSO ITS DIFFICULT TO START FROM COLD ANYBODY ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS PLEASE:mad:

·
Registered
14,891 Posts
DONT SHOUT

Its probably overfueling due to cold start not working properly.

Are the injectors the correct opening pressure as although they are not coded etc like modern injectors they still need to be working properly 130 bar rings a bell

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont shout

its probably overfueling due to cold start not working properly.

Are the injectors the correct opening pressure as although they are not coded etc like modern injectors they still need to be working properly 130 bar rings a bell
its fitted with bosch injectors 175 bar is the cold start the cable that comes from under fuel filter housing to pump

·
Registered
65 Posts
...is the cold start the cable that comes from under fuel filter housing to pump
Yes.

I've never seen a stuck cold start cable cause excessive white smoke like you describe. The cable works via a wax stat and they get lazy as they get old, I disconnected the cable from the pump on my car and it still started perfectly well in all temperatures.

Does the car struggle to start or does it start ok just with the smoke?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts