Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot 306 1.4 Meridian "Y" registration

A couple of times whilst driving the engine has cut out, by the time I have coasted to a stop it has restarted
A week ago it cut out completly, it did start a couple of times and ran for a few seconds
There is no fuel when cranking the engine, a wire direct to the fuel pump and fuel is present
Fuel cut off button is pushed in

Whilst getting a tow home I did notice the hazard lights did not work

With the ignition and indicators on the speedometer and rev counter were jerking in time to the indicators flashing, the odometer and interior light were also going dim and bright in time to the flashing. I put the above down to a bad earth or low battery

In addition over the last few months the air conditioning fan has worked intermittently

All fuses appear OK

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
You have pretty much answered your own question all sounds like a bad earth :)

Fully charge the battery and check the earth lead going to the body/battery/gearbox

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None start 306

Thanks for the reply

I do work for a local authority and one of the lads has had a look at it (they are more used to HGVs) he has cleaned up where a number of earths are joined together, not sure if he said under the battery box or the fuse box

I have read on this site of problems where wires run under the radiator and also of a multiplug near the fuse box that gets water in and the wires corrode

The cutting out a couple of times and then restarting before coming to a halt does sound like an intermittent electrical fault that has finally failed completly

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
yes you are right I forgot all about the wiring under the rad it rots out at the bends where it goes up at each side.

You just need to be thorough in checking stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts