Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
was there any update on this please?
I did not see any update here , but I saw some update on different forums and it seems there was a good progress:
  • not sure , but maybe a 3D model for the installation and assembly in the 208 cluster (that is not so simple as need to cut some pieces and do a nice job)
  • also some CAN hacking since the stalk controller button to change menus do not work with 3008 speedo cluster. So some custom setup is needed for that. Not sure, but maybe some Arduino interface for protocol control and properly framing in the CAN network

I was planning to do that before seeing this topic. But it is not so simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did not see any update here , but I saw some update on different forums and it seems there was a good progress:
  • not sure , but maybe a 3D model for the installation and assembly in the 208 cluster (that is not so simple as need to cut some pieces and do a nice job)
  • also some CAN hacking since the stalk controller button to change menus do not work with 3008 speedo cluster. So some custom setup is needed for that. Not sure, but maybe some Arduino interface for protocol control and properly framing in the CAN network

I was planning to do that before seeing this topic. But it is not so simple.
i tought this will be be simple i was going to ask for some kind on manual or step by step

·
Registered
9 Posts
i tought this will be be simple i was going to ask for some kind on manual or step by step
Unfortunately there is no simple and step by step guide. That is the sort of DIY.
It is a very nice solution.
But you need to cut pieces of original cluster/dash and try to find the best position and place for the new LCD speedo.
I´m trying to do that, first from a physical perspective. Also have a friend who bought and we are trying to develop together. The idea is to try to have a 3d model for the assembly and how to adapt into the original cluster, mainly for the bezel and finishing part. Not simple at all . I was also thinking about modelling in fiber, but if I do that,there is no way to replicate, so the 3D model should be the best approach, despite it may take quite long

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately there is no simple and step by step guide. That is the sort of DIY.
It is a very nice solution.
But you need to cut pieces of original cluster/dash and try to find the best position and place for the new LCD speedo.
I´m trying to do that, first from a physical perspective. Also have a friend who bought and we are trying to develop together. The idea is to try to have a 3d model for the assembly and how to adapt into the original cluster, mainly for the bezel and finishing part. Not simple at all . I was also thinking about modelling in fiber, but if I do that,there is no way to replicate, so the 3D model should be the best approach, despite it may take quite long
you can do it with fiber and then you can get it scanned to be 3D printed

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can do it with fiber and then you can get it scanned to be 3D printed
that is correct. But the problem is that I have access to 3d printer to model, but I don´t have access to a 3d scanner. That is the bad part. So I either should do the fiber approach (which could be quickly done in 3-5 days) or rely on somebody else to help me creating the 3d model.
Not sure if anyone else trying to do this has easy access to 3d scan and printing.
Anyway, we have probably following "issue":
  • mechanical adjustments in the original cluster/dash as the LCD screen is quite big. Need to cut some part and fine adjust in proper position;
  • electrical installation is quite easy but need correct pinout as 3008 and 208 or 2008 speedo has a different pinout. Not a directly plug and play. But that is quite easy;
  • either do some CAN hack and framing to send proper menu changes in the 3008 speedo, or change the steering wheel to have the menu button to scroll and change settings;
  • create the proper finishing assembly for the final installation, either fiber or 3d modelling

·
Registered
9 Posts
If somebody else is interested, I can share some pictures to show how extent is that kind of adaptation.
Not sure if the original project posted here could be shared, as some cutting is needed for the plastics and speedo housing in order to fit the 3008 speedo in place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If somebody else is interested, I can share some pictures to show how extent is that kind of adaptation.
Not sure if the original project posted here could be shared, as some cutting is needed for the plastics and speedo housing in order to fit the 3008 speedo in place.
That would be awesome! As I wish to know what is needed and how the mod is done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That would be awesome! As I wish to know what is needed and how the mod is done.
Let share here some information.

I bought the 3008 speedo and first tested in my bench to confirm it is fully working.

Watch Tire Plant Automotive lighting Window

Here you can see the cluster housing, where you need to cut plastic to be able to fit the 3008 speedo LCD screen inside. Otherwise will not fit:

Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk

Further details:

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Air travel Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

And here the air vents piping which is also an issue as it limits how far down you can go with the screen
Electricity Gas Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable
Circuit component Electronic engineering Gadget Electronic component Electrical wiring

Without any 3d modeling yet, just used 3008 pieces to have some idea:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive navigation system Motor vehicle

If someone developed the 3d printer model to be used for this modification, I'd be very glad to have access to. It would help a lot to not need to make the pieces from scratch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is very good start thanks :)
I used that pinout reference to power on the 3008 speedo in my bench just with a +12V power supply.
And you can probably change the pinout or add a secondary connector to the original cabling, so you can have the original speedo connector and a secondary one with correct pinout for the 3008. that is what I did for the time being, so all testing and preparation can be done with the 3008 cluster, and get back the original one to keep using the car (In my case the car is for daily use and that modification takes time to fully finish with proper 3d modeling)

·
Registered
2 Posts
that's my project I-Cockpit from 3008 :) stay tuned....

View attachment 92978
hello can you make a tutorial how you did to integrate screen 3008 will be good for others to share your experience is sympathetic on your part I have looked for you do not leave any leak of how you did to integrate the screen I guess that you were helped for the assembly do not be selfish thankls

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi i would like to instal in my peugeot 208 2017 i-cockpit. so can you help mi with this installation, i mostly only need yours 3d model of bottom housing for circoco
If anyone has a 3d model to share, it would be great. Fitting the Ciroco screen is not easy but not hard as well. Just the final assembly with proper finishing and 3d model is the key for a nice setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts