Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I unknowingly bought a car having a airbag or pretensioner fault via online auction. The front seatbeats were not recoiling back after taking off the seatbelt so i had them "reconditioned back to factory condition" via an ebay service. I have refitted the pretensioners back and they recoil back as they should. But still have the error message on the screen. Can anyone advise how i can get rid of this error message.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You probably need a decent code reader or Diagbox to clear the fault. But just try using the car for a few days as the fault might clear itself after a number of on/off ignition cycles.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You might need to check there are no other faults on the ABS ecu (airbag discharge, satellite bags etc.), as wynb suggests, Diagbox should help you get to the bottom of it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Chaps. I have had several engine starts but fault is still there. I guess the crash data is still stored in the airbag module/ ecu. Do you know where this is located in the 208 as i might have to get this reset/ crash data cleared.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If the fault was triggered by an accident, you will have to have the airbag ecu replaced or refurbished. You cant just reset it with Diagbox/PP2000

Sorry, dont know where it is located in the 208, but is probably under the console between the front seats?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. you are right about airbag module located between the front seats. i will try and get the ecu removed today. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of airbag ecu resetters on Ebay, about £25.
Update. I managed to remove the airbag ecu and got it reset using one of the sellers on fleebay for £30. Reconnected the ecu back this evening and no longer airbag error on the dash..!!!:D:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update. I managed to remove the airbag ecu and got it reset using one of the sellers on fleebay for £30. Reconnected the ecu back this evening and no longer airbag error on the dash..!!!:D:D
Hi. Can you advise where abouts between the seats is the airbag module? Any pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts