Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am having problems with my multifunctional display in my Peugeot 207cc. 57 plate. I cannot reset the date and time it just keeps flashing! My radio works but my menu button does not anymore and neither does the button on the end of the windscreen wiper stick next to the steering wheel. I don't know whether I need a new radio or display unit. So puzzled!! I still receive messages on the screen for example fuel too low, handbrake messages, emergency messages etc .
I've been to a few garages and Peugeot themselves and Peugeot claim to have not come across this before( then added that I need to book it in £70 for half an hour just to look at it. )

Has anybody come across this before?

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a similar problem on my 307cc. The MFD won't keep time or date, although my fuel computer does still work. So you may have a couple of issues going on there. Your stalk could be faulty.

I put mine on planet and got the code F8EB - 'Absence of + perm on display'. This would account for it's ability to hold the date and time, as I believe these are stored in volatile memory, and require that permanent live. The radio holds it's own memory and just sends the data to the screen.

I haven't worked out whether this is a voltage at the connector that's not there, or whether there is a fault in the display itself not receiving this voltage. I need to put a multimeter on it to find out, I hope to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a similar problem on my 307cc. The MFD won't keep time or date, although my fuel computer does still work. So you may have a couple of issues going on there. Your stalk could be faulty.

I put mine on planet and got the code F8EB - 'Absence of + perm on display'. This would account for it's ability to hold the date and time, as I believe these are stored in volatile memory, and require that permanent live. The radio holds it's own memory and just sends the data to the screen.

I haven't worked out whether this is a voltage at the connector that's not there, or whether there is a fault in the display itself not receiving this voltage. I need to put a multimeter on it to find out, I hope to do it this weekend.
Have you checked the Showroom/Delivered jumper on the BSI. I believe there is a jumper which disables unnecessary power including the time/date which should be enabled at PDI time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm, is that a physical jumper on a PCB? or a config setting in PP/Diagbox.
Because in Diagbox, it's set in customer mode.

·
12,141 Posts
I put mine on planet and got the code F8EB - 'Absence of + perm on display'.
That's a false positive, possibly because we use clone gear. I get it on every 307 I diagnose, along with the "incorrect oil temperature received" on all 307s which don't have an oil temp gauge.

I always tell customers that its just a false message because the display isn't permanently on when you remove the key, very much like a car radio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
But it would indicate a fault with a permanent live, as in the flashing and resetting when ever the ignition live is initiated. Wouldn't it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmm, is that a physical jumper on a PCB? or a config setting in PP/Diagbox.
Because in Diagbox, it's set in customer mode.
I thought there was a physical jumper, accessible from the glove box. However if Diagbox is reading it as set in Customer mode then that is probably not your problem.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Peugeots quite often flag up error codes that don't apply, mine has a permanent error code in the Auto transmission that the ABS/ESP data is absent, my car isn't fitted with ABS/ESP and Peugeot tell you to ignore this if equipment isn't fitted.

·
Registered
876 Posts
agree with above, only had my planet on two cars but both show 'Absence of + perm on display', yet both work fine, probably worth unpluging and cleaning the connectors though.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
just got this code on my 207 as well, the time and date are flashing and the menu button wont work either on the radio.

additionally the mileage reading on the instrument cluster is now showing in KM not Miles!

anyone know more about this fault code?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Found it! I knew I had seen it somewhere. It is called the Parc Shunt and can be set to save battery power when the car is stored in showroom or pound. Full details of locations with diagrams in this Autoworld thread. Download the .pdf for diagrams.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sounds too risky lol checked car there and it's already in customer position.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts