Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry long post !!!
Hi I’ve got Peugeot 207 1.4 2007 16v petrol.
Not had it long. Noticed it had leak coming from above alternator no problems with this but been told by mechanic it will need new head gasket eventually but no symptoms as yet
Had new gear box fitted and drive shaft as the cv joint had collapsed and the diff in gear box had gone.
Car run fine after this about 2 days later the car just lost power no warnings had been used that same day just nothing no acceleration and rev would not go up. Had to literally roll the car home in 1st.
Had it code read it came up ignition coil and misfire.
bought brand new coil pack & spark plugs had fitted. The car won’t do anything the key won’t even turn the car over it just clicks nothing more ( not a loud click either ) lights and everything work but no power to start the car .
Any ideas ? We have also tried the cable that runs over the gear box & disconnect the battery.
The car after all this then started lights going on and off window wipers going with no key in the ignition so I’ve had to disconnect the battery for a good 12 hour now.
Any ideas please ??
thank ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds like you either have a flat battery IE not totally flat but not enough to turn the starter OR the fusebox under the bonnet is full of water.

Problem is you may have made matters worse by disconnecting the battery as you may now have lost key codes too !

Charge the battery fully then refit it LEAVE 3 mins then try to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re water in fuse box. I had the wipers headlights operating for no reason, a suggestion on here was to check the fuse box. I found a little water and the gasket was full of water like a sponge. Dried everything but problem persisted. I then removed the fuse box and found another box beneath with large Maxi Fuses? The water was here, dried out and problem solved, my point being, check out the fuses mounted beneath the main fuse box. I think water finds it's way down there from the scuttle area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts