Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peugeot 207 gearbox replacement

I am looking for a gearbox for my son's Peugeot 207 SW Sport, 2007 (57) 1.6 petrol with the EP6 5FWC engine. The box is a 5 speed manual. Peugeot tell me that the gearbox is a 20CQ46. I have been offered many units by breakers but lots of these are the wrong profile/fittings. One chap has offered me a 20CQ88 which he says will fit & be ok. This box is from a 1.4 petrol 207. I am concerned that gear ratios may be very different so performance will suffer. Is there any way to find out what the gear ratios of these boxes are or has anyone experience of using these alternative boxes? Thanks

·
6,451 Posts
CQ46 will be the only box with the correct ratios. 1.4 will have lower gearing. What is wrong with old box. Input shaft bearing fail but they can be repaired quite cheaply

It can be done on a DIY basis without too much hassle and there are lots of guides on the internet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peugeot 207 gearbox replacement

Thanks for that info. The gearbox is noisy, (chatters) in 1st & 2nd gears unless clutch pedal is depressed.

·
6,451 Posts
Sounds like input shaft bearings. I had to do my daughters 207cc if you are handy with your hands its not too bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oil

So as I went to leave work this evening i started my 207 up and it beeped telling me oil. But the warning light went out straight away. I got home and poured half a bottle of oil in, still beeped. Drive to asda bought a bottle poured half in, still beeped. Gonna pout the other half in tomorrow morning, surely I don't need that much, can anybody help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts