Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have peugeot 207 sw 1.4 petrol 2007 which had rebuilt engine few weeks ago. I havent really used it much since until this weekend. I have noticed that it takes while for cabin air to heat up and it doesnt actually get hot. Its slightly warm at best after 20 mins driving. No coolant leaks that I can see as resevoir tank level remains same. The engine coolant indicator also settles at halfway.
Is this normal for this model ? Is there anything I can do or check to remedy this ?

·
6,567 Posts
I would bleed the cooling system may be an air lock stopping heater working correctly

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thermostat stuck Open ? :D Even at -3 my car blows warm after about 5 minutes lift bonnet start engine from cold and check top hose It should not get warm until the thermostat opens

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi took to rebuild centre as filler cap full of mayonaise gunk. First thought for me was head gasket. He has called and said the gunk is down to condensation as rebuild the engine is spotless. He reckons the no hot air is down to k-seal being used in the old engine and heater matrix its probably partially blocked. What do you think ?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If the engine is not getting up to temp the Mayo will form the K seal blocks and stops water so the thermostat is what #I would be looking at first buy some radiator flush put it in the coolant system run it for about 3 or 4 days then flush system with water change thermostat then fill up using OAT premixed coolant with the heater turned to hot position bleeding it as you go ..
Dammed K seal is nasty stuff :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts