Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
first off many thanks for the invaluable help and knowledge shared, i just joined but been reading this forum for some time with various issues which been able to address.
This one however i am a bit confused to cut a story as short as i can:
I purchased a 2006 Peugeot 207 1.4 16v sport, i bought it cheap non runner as it is and was told it was the key / immobiliser.
The car cranks over but does not start, there seem to be no spark, (with the old test when cranking and coilpack out)
Took it home, plugged in to Diagbox fault on injection:
P0336 Speed Sensor permanent fault
P0121 Inchoerence between throttle .. intermitent fault
P0221 Pedal sensor inconsistent.. something interemittent fault

Having a quick look on the bsi screen / immobiliser seem not engaged, a new crank sensor has been fitted not by me but i found the old one in the car and a new look like one fitted, tested the crank sensor for resistance and i did get same reading on both sensors. i tested the cable for continuity from the crank sensor plug back to the ecu plug and the continuity was there so no broken wires, i checked the timing.. timing line up, i checked the coil pack with diagbox test out for spark, all coils fired spark, i checked fuses in engine area and all good, and had a visual for damaged wires but didnt find any yet,
i thought before i go next phase and strip the whole loom down, id like ask some one s opinion on similar issue, on other threads others pointed out immobiliser / recoding of key, this is the first thing i wanted to try.. but the car did not come with the key card code and i never programmed a key on diagbox yet... but i understand that i need this key? if someone could point out how to obtain would be mostly grateful.
Many thanks for your time in reading my rant (it helps to let it out)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Someone posted somewhere that the dealers are giving out the key codes for free now. You need to take proof of ownership with you. Call your dealer.. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone posted somewhere that the dealers are giving out the key codes for free now. You need to take proof of ownership with you. Call your dealer.. :)
The codes are not free from peugeot dealer, but not expensive either, i was quoted £14.00 plus vat.. around £17 which is not bad, however, they require full logbook of vehicle and driving licence but i only have the green slip, i think i will buy online i seen a member on this forum sell em.
Im confused if the key is the culprit afterall! but i suppose without trying it will haunt me for days! In Diagbox (pp2000) in the bsi immobiliser section it shows key learned 1 key key found 1.. but at the very top it says Remote control 1 synchronised : NO....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the status of the ECU in immobiliser section
Im not 100% sure but i think its NOT locked.
ecu and fusebox are out at the moment since the other day i was having a look on the wiring and continuity between plug from ecu to fusebox. Tomorrow i will put all together and see exacly what it says. but i did do a printout of the report
which included a live data test of ecu and immobiliser .. now this thing is in graph mode and on the paramater for ENGINE CONTROL UNIT LOCKED the graph line in on 0 as if no i believe.. but i will check 100% in diagbox when i put all together tomorrow.

What i didnt say so far about the car in that it also has the dreadful massive oil leak so the headgasket is also gone... which im going to change but i would like it to start fisrt. Compression test was good and timing was also spot on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the status of the ECU in immobiliser section
the ecu is not locked.
cleared faults code p0336 speed sensor (crankshaft sensor)permanent fault
p0121 incoherence between throttle something.
Doing a live test data during the cranking of engine the values for:
camshaft dephaser solenoid valve status : OFF
canister solenoid valve status : inactive
supply relay control inactive
camshaft position : always show 0 as in non mooving.

Not sure if this only change when engine running but maybe some faults there?

What i done so far:
The previous owner tried changing crankshaft sensor as i found a new one fitted, tested both sensors out the read 400something homs resistance,
I checked timing ..all matched , continuity on cables from crankshaft sensor to ecu plug.. wires ok. cables from ecu to fusebox seem ok.
key working, matched and recognised, ecu not locked.....
would the supply relay control if faulty cause all these sensors (crankshaft, solenoid valve camshaft etc) to mulfunction / not feed them?

im confused, any idea is very appreciated.

:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Certainly sounds like a good old wiring issue

If you have not got a crank signal then the car will never start

Pull the plugs out the ecu and all the plugs out the engine bay fusebox and check for rotten pins/wiring to them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Certainly sounds like a good old wiring issue

If you have not got a crank signal then the car will never start

Pull the plugs out the ecu and all the plugs out the engine bay fusebox and check for rotten pins/wiring to them
i done that, disconnected, opened the ecu plugs insected them, sprayed with contact cleaner, and blown air. done this to the 3 ecu pluge and all the plugs in fusebox, i had a visual on cables around fusebox started stripping down and couldnt see no burned or corroded wire, i also inspected the other side of wiring that goes timing side!!

i checked live on crankshaft sensor, it got 2 wires, and both read low voltage, 1 wire read 2.4v and the other read 1.4v. is this normal?

i am a bit confused and feel going blind.. if someone could input and give some suggestion..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts