Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my peugeot 207 had a few warning lights come on at first, abs faulty anti pollution faulty and braking stop light, have taken it to garage and found abs sensor drivers side faulty. Same problems still there unfortunatly, then few days later power steering became stiff also speedomitor doesnt work (abs related i know) iv checked the main fault on the 207 detatched all connectors to circuit board under hood and all looking fine at last but not least yesterday battery light flashing which resulted in no indicators blowers inside car and no power stearing, replaced with brand new battery and all faults still exist still but everytime i turn ignition on car is in “economy mode” so have to detatch batter lead and reconnect so can turn ignition on without being in “economy mode” only thing blowers still not working, can all these problems surely be 1 thing ?!?! Help me please :(

·
Registered
877 Posts
many problems, try a bsi reset first but problem could be anywhere, a faulty abs ecu, fusebox or bsi.
in the old days we had cheap scrapyards we could use for diagnostics

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have similar problems,, been going over the wiring for days !!! My blower, as indeed most other things wont work if it's in eco mode, Mine also wont connect to BSI if it's in eco mode ( via diagbox) Bloody eco mode is a right pain...
But my side lights work lovely when they are switched off !!! and it's in eco mode !!!! Pug 207 1.4 hdi ..

·
6,581 Posts
Eco mode will not stop comms with BSI or any other critial system if the electrics are OK.

Water in fusebox, faulty battery or alternator , bad earth or similar wiring fault (i have even seen a faulty Ign switch cause similar issues) will be the root cause

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
As above, eco mode will NOT stop diagnostics connecting to all the system. If there is no connection to any of the components, it will be due to a wiring issue.

The other thing is that you have to be VERY particular when disconnecting the battery. You MUST NOT just disconnect it, you MUST allow the BSI to go to sleep or you risk corrupting the system. See THIS GUIDE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts