Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope someone here has experienced this before. The wife has a 207, 3 door recently the drivers door central locking is not working with the fob. Shes now struggling to open the door with the key and when she was sat in it earlier she couldnt open it from the inside. To me it seems like the central locking solenoid is failing on that door, does anyone here agree with me and can i swap one out from the scrap yard will it need coding to the car or is it a straight swap thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It may be the locking solenoid but I would also remove the lock itself and oil it up to make sure it is totally free moving before condemning the solenoid. The fact that she is having difficulty opening it with the key etc suggests the mechanism is not operating freely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update was the solenoid bought one off ebay and all is working well. But for a by the way when i ordered the one off ebay they sent a 5 door one and i wanted a 3 door one so the cable from the solenoid to the inside door handle is shorter but if your careful you can swap it which is what i did and it works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts