Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have had the Antipollution System Faulty warning coming on along with the engine light for three months, this is on for a few days, off for a few days and back on again. Repeatedly and has been for the past three months. I have hooked it up to a diagnostic machine and get the two error codes:

B2AAA & P0014

From what I've read most people are stalling/jolty/loud weird noises. The car has driven perfectly fine since it happened, no issues whatsoever with it and no jolting. I have read it could be a sensor, but which sensors? Is this costly to repair? I would rather not pay the £88 diagnostic cost for a Peugeot dealer to have a look at it if it's something simple.

Car Details:
Peugeot 207 Sport, 16V 1.4L engine.
57000 Miles on the clock, oil changed the other week with no luck on solving the pollution issue.

Reg: ND58 HHF - (UK)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lucian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
response

I didn't mean to do that hence why they're edited it didn't display so I activated my membership and resposted...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
that post isn't the exhaust camshaft sensor, its totally different as engine is different Stripe88, that post is the timing control solenoid valve.

and with the different engine, it has some varying meanings for each code.

not too sure what fault code exactly is for that engine, but I think...... its one of the camshaft position sensors, which is easy to change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that post isn't the exhaust camshaft sensor, its totally different as engine is different Stripe88, that post is the timing control solenoid valve.

and with the different engine, it has some varying meanings for each code.

not too sure what fault code exactly is for that engine, but I think...... its one of the camshaft position sensors, which is easy to change.
I believe the description of the error is:

Camshaft Position timing over advanced. I am looking at getting the sensor replaced but would this be the likely issue? The actual sensor or a genuine issue with the camshaft timing?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
should just be sensor will sort it as ur engine probably timing belt which will be ok, not like the chains they use on the other engines.

if was camshaft sensors, personally would replace both if u have 1 on each camshaft for piece of mind, whats last 8 digits of ur VIN and can check for you.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
IF the fault is the camshaft sensors, the part code u need is 1920 LS and they are £24.23 each from ur local dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you ever sort this out buddy?

I had the same fault as yours, someone told me to use expensive fuel the nitro fuel and after 30 odd miles the problem just disappeared.

Worth a try buddy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This problem was an issue for a long time and assuming t was the sensor I didn't get round to changing it. Eventually the car got loud and rattled a lot, used a lot of oil and fuel. The other day this broke down and wouldn't start. The AA came out and took it to the garage and after an engine flush and oil + filter change the car now drives like a brand new car and beat of all, no engine light. It does rev up to 1500 for a few seconds when starting up. It is straight on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts