Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, can anyone offer any advice regarding my 207 please? Since owning I have had a full service, a new catalytic converter, various sensors replaced at a cost of around £800 and have only had the car 6 months ? Recently the car refuses to start first time (usually third) and will only start if I rev the engine. It coughs, splutters, hunts a bit then runs absolutely fine! Please help!! Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good morning all, can anyone offer any advice regarding my 207 please? Since owning I have had a full service, a new catalytic converter, various sensors replaced at a cost of around £800 and have only had the car 6 months ? Recently the car refuses to start first time (usually third) and will only start if I rev the engine. It coughs, splutters, hunts a bit then runs absolutely fine! Please help!! Thanks
What engine?

Fuel supply issue maybe? Is it the same on a warm start (ie only been off shortly) or does it only happen when cold (ie been off for a longer time)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. 1.6 16v VTI engine believe. Only on cold start, usually fine after running for a bit...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too sure to be honest, It's really intermittent too. Some days it starts straight away although this is becoming less frequent.. thank you for the assistance, is this a regular fault?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The majority of poot starting issues I see on the forum are down to either a failing starter or a battery that needs replacing. The starter is in my experience the most common fault. The starte fitted in the factory is usually a bit underpowered and unless it has been replaced will now be 10 years old and will likely have extremely worn brushes and / or a failing solenoid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Storeman, I'm not convinced it's a battery/starter issue. My initial thoughts were a fuel issue as battery/starter are quite distinctive and I'd hope with my limited experience I would identify...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone else offer any further assistance please? Recently when starting the car idles rough and makes a backfire (from engine) type noise.. once revved the car runs and starts up fine... please help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts