Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peugeot 207 1.6 Hdi, 2007, went to replace a turbo and now it has 2 problems. It has worn through 2 turbos in under 50 kms apparently because they over boosted. Now it cranks and sometimes starts, sometimes doesn't start. Mechanic says it has fuel AND power to the glow plugs. He doesn't know what else to do. Car now has 317 000 kms and was running just fine, not using up oil, good power, starting first time, Was very happy. Then turbo went, 2 were replaced and wore out , 1st within 50 kms, 2nd only did 17 kms, now 3rd installed but not tried because now engine is cranking but not starting. Fuel filter was replaced, DPF filter replaced and circuit checked, I can only hope they changed the fuel pump and sump pick up as I told them to when they replaced the turbo.

About to sell the car for scrap. What is happening? Can the Injector Pump Regulator Control Valve be not working? Car cranks with both keys although I haven't done the beep test on them. Both keys were working previously though.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
What is happening is the turbo is not being replaced properly if the turbo has failed then you need to sort the reason for the failure not JUST the failure the reasons are well documented.

Glow plugs NOT NEEDED for starting so sounds like your fitter is not clued up if he thinks they are needed.

Do the beep test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thx 4 yr reply. where can I find turbo failure reasons pls?

If it passes the beep test, what else could xplain cranking but not starting?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
After beep test you need planet to check live data as it could be loads of things planet would help you pinpoint it much quicker but you say the fuel filter was changed make sure the fuel system has been fully primed as these can be hard to start after a filter if not done correctly.

If they cant do a turbo correctly then its possible they cant do a filter correctly :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
17kms he can't be doing even the basics the new turbo is getting on oil at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts