Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: My daughter bought this wee 2009 207 1.4 HDI. almost from the day she bought it it was showing the engine management light and was cutting out intermittently. Would simply re-set on turning off the ignition and go normaly for another while. My local mechanic checked it out on the fault diagnosis monitor and it showed an 'air Polution' fault. Thought it might be the EGR valve this was replaced, no joy. He then tried replacing the air control valve, no difference. Now the EMU was replaced with a second hand one but I think it was possibly worse, certainly no better. Any good suggestions, mechanic remarked that it was leaking some oil at the turbo and this may suggest that the engine is well run. I feel the problem is just something simple but what?? Any help appreciated now at a wits end.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Go to someone who actually KNOWS what they are doing he sounds like a main dealer :)

Oil leaking at turbo is normal and usually harmless and can be caused by the breather system it does NOT mean turbo or engine is stuffed !!

Cutting out was probably the reason for the fault codes he found not the cause !!

I would be looking at fuel pipework under manifold and injector leak off flows.

·
3,166 Posts
Hi....I think your being kind by calling the person who looked at your car a 'mechanic'.you now need a proper diagnosis using diagbox or planet .that will tell you whats wrong...oil from the turbo pipes isnot uncommon...nothing to worry about

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to someone who actually KNOWS what they are doing he sounds like a main dealer :)

Oil leaking at turbo is normal and usually harmless and can be caused by the breather system it does NOT mean turbo or engine is stuffed !!

Cutting out was probably the reason for the fault codes he found not the cause !!

I would be looking at fuel pipework under manifold and injector leak off flows.
Thanks, I will certainly check out these suggestions and see where that gets me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts