Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Success !
Problem lies in the shi***y peugeot connectors that tend to swallow anything.
I removed ECU connectors and found 2 of them full of liquid and oxidated.
Cleaned them with contact cleaner, spayed compressed air then placed back, reset adaptation memory and straight to road.
Car runs better than ever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yuck !!

and well done on fixing it. did you look for where the liquid was getting in?
i usually re-seal my terminal blocks with a bit of vaseline "just to be sure" and re-seal / re-wrap the loom to them.

i hope you can now start to enjoy your baby!!

take care.

p.

·
6,085 Posts
Glad you fixed it. The connectors are specified by the ecu.manufacturer not peugeot.

Did you check that the fluid was not coolant or washer fluid from it tracking up the cables due to a faulty sensor or washer pump as opposed to leaky connector seal

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi,
I bet it was from the washer nozzles. After a nice rain I saw water drops all over the engine, so I checked the nozzles and sure, the rubber seals that sit on the hood were broken, so i cleaned them and sandwich them with sanitary silicone. I reused the seals just to keep the claws fitting distance. Now no water anymore.
For a while I will check the connectors. I had a bad thermostat and coolant was leaking from its connector. Could be that coolant has got into the ECU connector by multifilar wire like wick sucks liquid ? Or previous owner added brake fluid and splashed the ecu cover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi again,
After a while and cleaning the connectors again and again I still have the lambda 1 with issues and it causes engine to stall at idle or loose in power.
IMG_20200326_183830.jpg IMG_20200326_183817.jpg

And the worst thing is when I was digging for this code at idle the engine struggled and then died 2 times. The 2'nd time it died with the steering. Now I have no more steering ! The orange steering light is on and electronic power steering message.
I checked steering motor fuse MF2 in BMF4 and are fine(also socket not melted)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts