Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Peugoet 206 Semi Automatic,it has a very differnet problem . While Driving with AC on the temperature of the Car goes up to 90+ and when i stop on a signal or in Trafic the car gets stuck as if the gear is stuck. so i have to accelerate little extra and the car moves ahead with a jerk. This happeds only when the AC is on and the temperatue has reached 90+ degree.When the AC is not on the car is absolutly fine. When i showed to the Peugeot Authorised Dealer here in Dubai , he ask me to change the gear but somehow i feel the gear is not a problem otherwise the problem would not only occur while the AC is on.

·
Registered
862 Posts
zafarkapadia said:
I have a Peugoet 206 Semi Automatic,it has a very differnet problem . While Driving with AC on the temperature of the Car goes up to 90+ and when i stop on a signal or in Trafic the car gets stuck as if the gear is stuck. so i have to accelerate little extra and the car moves ahead with a jerk. This happeds only when the AC is on and the temperatue has reached 90+ degree.When the AC is not on the car is absolutly fine. When i showed to the Peugeot Authorised Dealer here in Dubai , he ask me to change the gear but somehow i feel the gear is not a problem otherwise the problem would not only occur while the AC is on.

This sounds like the engine cooling fan is not working.
when air conditioning is switched on the fans should work at slower speeds.
Have the fan resisters checked as these often fail and this creates an open circuit
you will find these in the engine cooling fan housing next to the fan.also check the fan relays these ars in the fan housing , these sometimes corrode in the multi plug connectors.

hope this is of some help :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts