1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, hope you are all well.
I have a 'V' reg 206 automatic,
I have taken the SH fuse out of the fuse box to try and reset the rev counter
I had trouble replacing the fuse as it was very tight.
Since then the car won't start and other things don't work like the central locking, wipers, hazards
Please has any one come across this?
Thank you for any help any body can give

·
Registered
253 Posts
First of all did you disconnect this fuse while the battery was still connected?

Big no no as this may cause other circuits to malfunction of blow another associated fuse for that circuit.

By doing this may cause un-necessary spikes. This can also be caused by malfunctioning ignition coils which can cause havoc with the system.

The 'shunt fuse' may have different positions as to where it is positioned ie top middle and bottom slots. Make sure you have put this back in it's original position.

Try this. Disconnect the battery and leave for at least thirty minutes. Re-connect the battery and insert the key and manually un-lock and lock the vehicle then try the fob. Do not try and start the vehicle yet. Leave it locked and wait another thirty minutes.

Unlock the vehicle and try and start the vehicle hopefully this will possibly cure your issue. The time frames I have given you are to enable the systems to power down and then power back up and reset to factory settings.

Hope this helps you and let us know how you get on. Kind regards. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts