Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day

I Have Just Joined The Peugeot Forum, And Hope To Get Tips On Modifications And Engine Tune Ups.

I Own A Peugeot 206 Xline Its A Beauty But Recently I Noticed That While Driving The Dash Board Clocks Just Go Crazy All Needles Drop As Though The Car Has Switched Off There Is Beep Sound And The Clock Starts Flashing The Date Shows 000 While This Is Happening The Engine Is Still Running.

The Rev Counter Needle Moves Anticlock Wise Makes A 360 Degree Round As Though Its Loose.

The Power Is Not As It Should Be.

Can Anyone Help Me Out As To What I Should Look Into, When Plugged On To The Comp There Are No Fault Codes.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
sounds like a loose connection somewhere, such as the earths. if the needle is loose you can dismantle the speedo/tachometer unit and push it back on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peugjeot 206 Xline

thank you sir,

I will dismantle the speedo and push back the needle and check for any loose connection. is there a diagram that i could follow i have a haynes book but am not very clear at chart they provide for wiring.:rolleyes:

i have one question would a loose rev needle affact the speed of the car. As when the needle moves anticlock wise and comes closer to 10 (1000 rpm - 900 rpm) the car seems to be very smooth.

What would cause the sudden drop in all gauges in the dash board while the engine is still running and off cause there is a beep sound something like a warning. though the car would not switch off but would not move on unless i give it a jerk start in second gear and release the clutch instantly.

I hooked it up on the diagnostic at peugoet and no fault codes appeared this was done yesterday.

thanks
azum

cck2k9 said:
sounds like a loose connection somewhere, such as the earths. if the needle is loose you can dismantle the speedo/tachometer unit and push it back on.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
azum said:
thank you sir,

I will dismantle the speedo and push back the needle and check for any loose connection. is there a diagram that i could follow i have a haynes book but am not very clear at chart they provide for wiring.:rolleyes:

i have one question would a loose rev needle affact the speed of the car. As when the needle moves anticlock wise and comes closer to 10 (1000 rpm - 900 rpm) the car seems to be very smooth.

What would cause the sudden drop in all gauges in the dash board while the engine is still running and off cause there is a beep sound something like a warning. though the car would not switch off but would not move on unless i give it a jerk start in second gear and release the clutch instantly.

I hooked it up on the diagnostic at peugoet and no fault codes appeared this was done yesterday.

thanks
azum
If you can hook up to peugeot planet again go into the BSI and check the faults journal , i would say you have a fault occurring between the BSI and instrument cluster maybe show up as fault in dataline this could be faulty plug somewhere or broken wire a real bitch to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peugeot 206 X Line Rev

Thanks All

Your Assistance Is A Great Help As Well As The Diagram On How To Dismantle The Dails

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
peugeot 206

Hello friend,

I finally opened the dash board and tried to fix the rave counter needle it worked well for a day and i am back to square one again. the needle seems to be controlled electronically as there are not springs. all the wiring is intacked nothing broken.

I now have another problem the alaram just went mute thou the central locking is working the lights flash while locking the car with the remote but there is no beep sound when arming or disarming the alaram. I tried arming the car and shaking it but the alaram did not go on. I have checked the fuse and wiring all is intacked.

Please help the i took it to the dealer but the diagnostic does not show any faults or faults codes and this costs a arm and a leg.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts