Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new at driving a Peugeot, well I'm new at driving in general since I just got my license. I have a 2001 Peugeot 206 XR AUTOMATIC 1.6L 3dr hatch. I'm not sure if its suppose to be normal but my car seems to take very long to change to 2nd gear. i think the RPM reaches 3000rpm before it goes to 2nd gear. I bought the car 2nd hand so I'm not sure if the previous owner did something to the engine.

Also would it help if I press the snow button or the other button under the gear knob?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
miggy said:
Hi,

I'm new at driving a Peugeot, well I'm new at driving in general since I just got my license. I have a 2001 Peugeot 206 XR AUTOMATIC 1.6L 3dr hatch. I'm not sure if its suppose to be normal but my car seems to take very long to change to 2nd gear. i think the RPM reaches 3000rpm before it goes to 2nd gear. I bought the car 2nd hand so I'm not sure if the previous owner did something to the engine.

Also would it help if I press the snow button or the other button under the gear knob?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
hi there and welcome to the forum :clap:

Do you have the car in sport mode ?(there would be an 's' displayed on the dash) I have found that the car will change gear when it feels it's right to. But usually, it will change gear when you have driven at the same speed and a steady rpm for a few seconds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts