Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I have a 2008 model peugeot 206 fever automatic.I am new at this forum.Nice to meet you.
We could not solve the problem in my country.When the car is cold it seems there is not much problem.When it gets hot it does not exceed 1000rpm.After this I remove green temperature sensor and 2. fan opens and it gets colder and i can drive then.
When connect to computer it says there is lambda sensor problem.We changed top lambda sensor and the problem still continues.One mechanic told valve fix required and we did it but problem still exists.What can we do?
I also removed and measured ignition coil.White plug shows 1,2 ohms and 30,5 kiloohms.Output terminals (the holes which spark plugs connecting) of ignition coil shows about 1-4 ones 6,5kiloohms and 2-3 ones about shows 5,5kiloohms
Service is very expensive here in Turkey.They remove all the parts and put new parts and wants too much money.
I think ecu is doing something to prevent car when hot.
Please help.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.Can i change it myself ? Is there any other thing to do or just remove old and put newer one?I have just bought long bite key 19mm and it fits.I will remove old one and put new one only?What about air in the water?Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed old coolant sensor and when i was putting the new one ,it has broke off :(( Waters gone below the car. Can not i remove thermostat body and put new one?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perhaps call a repairman and watch what he does.
New coolant sensor replaced.Problem still continues.
New ignition coil replaced.Problem still continue.There is no problem when cold. I ever see 6500rpm.When getting hotter max rpm reduces to 3500.When get hotter it reduces below 2000rpm.
Repairman connected it to computer and make it show max temperature and car temperature display showed 95celcius
What can be problem ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm just pondering ideas, so no solution on offer here. Do engines like this little 1.4 still have thermostats? As in that coolant temperature controlled valve that opens when the engine reaches temp and lets coolant flow around the radiator.

I rememeber, I've had the water pump impellor come loose on two different cars. My only clue was the temp gauage always showed cold engine, I think.

I'm looking at the Haynes manual, indeed thermostats are in this engine, starts to open at 89degC it says. Again from the photos, it seems the water pump is driven by the toothed cambelt. Haynes goes on to say (p3.8) some engines have 2 coolant sensors but most have 1. A clue is the temp gauage and cooling fan both use this signal (in case of 1 sensor).

I am assuming the ECU is reading a sensor, compares it to its known operational data reference but thinks there is a problem so limits engine revs. So I wonder how would the ECU respond to a faulty thermostat valve?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi.It also have temperature problem in summer.It gets hot much.I already changed green temperature sensor.But there also may be a problem at water pump impellor.Stup.d repairman told they did not change it when they made motor.
I see in a video that people see same problem caused by Cranc sensor.I will change it.Thank you

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the second car where the water pump impellor came loose, I had taken the car to a long standing motor mechanic for diagnostic, who laughed at my suggestion of loose impellor saying with a laugh "in all my years of fixing cars I've never seen one with a loose impellor, ha ha" - obviously a moron as that was my second car with loose impellor.

I'd be tempted to replace the thermostat, and interested in hearing other people's views.

Another thought, would a faulty thermostat yield a specific fault code, or would it produce related fault codes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes some mechanics need education a lot,they sometimes make stup.d mistakes even they are very long standing ones.
I already replaced thermostat this winter.As i know thermostat does not give a fault code because it does not have an electronic part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good news! :thumb: - It is interesting to note just how far off the mark I was, all clues pointing in one direction only for the solution to be very different!

On my last french car where I also had CPS failure (crank position sensor), my symptoms were erratic starting, sometimes it would, then it not.

Eitherway, hearing of the solution is a great help for the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.