Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a JVC KD-R301 from Halfords and one of the guys fitted it for me. I noticed that everytime I start up the ignition, the radio settings go back to the factory default settings and the clock on the dashboard display shows, but does not change.

Does anyone think the problem might be with the way it has been wired up?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
not sure on JVC but on Sony Headunits there is a red and yellow cable that needs to be swapped around (about mid way is some sort of connector on both) just take them out so red goes into yellow and vice versa. other then that, bettyswollocks says swap connection 6 and 7 and that may work.

G

·
I cant be sure on the 206's but from what i can gather the 6/7 swap only applies to pre-facelift 307's

It might work on a 206 but i couldnt guarantee it!

Red/Yellow swap is normally more applicable if its just losing memory, the 6/7 swap is for if it wont go off with ignition!

However as halfords fitted it i'd go to them first and get your moneys worth!

:)

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
sorry if that confused ya mate, my grammar and sentence construction has been terrible today....back to school :lol:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
cck2k9 said:
sorry if that confused ya mate, my grammar and sentence construction has been terrible today....back to school :lol:
wasn`t that mate just don`t remember saying it but will try it because the one i have in at the minute doesn`t turn of with the key so thats a good idea who ever said it.:thumb:

G

·
Aye i've said it on here many moons ago, thats how i got my sony to go off with the key (previously it waited 2 minutes till the BSI went to sleep)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.