Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another post I mentioned that my Sons 206 had developed some code faults on injectors 1 and 2.

I have found some second hand injectors complete with fuel rail but the injectors are a different colour.

My question is this. Can I replace the existing injectors with those of a different colour?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ALL TU engines are essentially the same design so yes they physically fit but as already stated they wont work unless they are the same.
Hi reliable406

Thank you once again for your advice

I am finding it quite confusing to obtain the correct ones. I can see they are colour coded (i.e. black, green and orange and maybe other colours) so I am relying on them looking the same. My Son's look like they are black and the engine code is HFK according to the VIN

Some are advertising through Ebay injectors complete with rail that fit both the 1.1 and 1.4, and they both appear to have black injectors.

I just thought I'd purchase them and give them a try, but it's a bit of a 'long shot' on my part

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
There are also pinks and blues

1.6 16 valve are generally orange NFU engine code thats the main 1 i deal with so i know thats true BUT later versions of NFU use different black injectors !!

1.4 i have seen with black and green depends on power output i believe so its possible the 1.1 and low power 1.4 use same injectors but i dont know as i dont generally have the small engines

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are also pinks and blues

1.6 16 valve are generally orange NFU engine code thats the main 1 i deal with so i know thats true BUT later versions of NFU use different black injectors !!

1.4 i have seen with black and green depends on power output i believe so its possible the 1.1 and low power 1.4 use same injectors but i dont know as i don't generally have the small engines
Thanks again reliable406

I'll purchase the ones that I think are correct and go from there.

Will post my findings

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just one question

I have found some injectors, fuel rail and wiring loom off a Citroen, which also has the HFX code, so can anyone confirm if these are also a direct replacement?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't see anywhere in the thread where you have confirmed which engine code your son's car has, advising you on what to purchase is difficult without that information.

One thing I would also try before you spend any money (I only say this as you are looking for 2nd hand injectors implying that you do not see new ones as a viable expense for the car) is to swap the injectors around.

If you have logged errors for inj 1 & 2 then swap them for 3 & 4, clear all codes then drive and see if errors are logged for 3 & 4, there is a chance that they won't be and you will still see errors for 1 & 2. In which case the injectors are not the problem and the diagnosis begins.

A diag code reader can only take you so far, you do need some knowledge to correctly diagnose the route cause of the problem, good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't see anywhere in the thread where you have confirmed which engine code your son's car has, advising you on what to purchase is difficult without that information.

One thing I would also try before you spend any money (I only say this as you are looking for 2nd hand injectors implying that you do not see new ones as a viable expense for the car) is to swap the injectors around.

If you have logged errors for inj 1 & 2 then swap them for 3 & 4, clear all codes then drive and see if errors are logged for 3 & 4, there is a chance that they won't be and you will still see errors for 1 & 2. In which case the injectors are not the problem and the diagnosis begins.

A diag code reader can only take you so far, you do need some knowledge to correctly diagnose the route cause of the problem, good luck :thumb:
Thanks for more advice DiabloVS

My mistake, I should have mentioned this. The engine is a 1.1 with an engine code of HFX

Right, the errors we get from the code reader are as follows: P0201, P0202 & P0420

Just to try to explain in as much detail as I can. This car was originally my Daughters, which she had from new. She always had a problem with the engine management light illuminating. However, when taking it to a mechanic friend of mine he usually managed to switch the light off to get it through the MOT.

However, last September, when he took it for it's MOT he had great difficulty getting the emissions down to an acceptable level, but he did manage this by running some catalytic cleaner through and also switching the engine management light off. He just managed to get within the parameters for the emission test and it passed the MOT. The light came back on within a couple of days.

Now, my youngest Son recently passed his test and acquired the vehicle from my Daughter. He has had a black box fitted to oversee his driving, but apparently this will cost between £150 to £300 to remove and refit to another vehicle?

Anyway, as the MOT is looming soon I thought I'd tackle the issue but, as I'm not entirely sure what to do to try to sort the problem, thought I purchase some second hand injectors, maybe a catalytic converter and see if that helps? Basically, just a starting point!

The car. is only worth a few hundred pounds but would like to see if I can do something with it, even if I can only get MOT for one more year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just an update

I finally got around to replacing the injectors on my Son's 206 and the fault still remains. I still get fault codes P0210, P0202 & P0420 on the code reader. I tested each injector before replacement and they all read around 16 ohms on the multimeter, whereas a couple of the one's I removed where around 25 ohms. I really thought I had found the fault?

I also checked the injector wiring loom, which is covered in thick rubber insulation, and it looks absolutely fine, with no cuts, lumps or chaffing. I also checked continuity with a multimeter and all seems fine.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Anyone have any ideas please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.