Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my peugeot 2002 206 2.0 hdi is not starting, it is cranking.

When i put the key in and turn on ignition the sidelight also come on, also after a while the speedo goes to sleep.

I have attached files from diagnostics below, but there is no communication with obd. My thinking is there is a problem with bsi or ecu. Thanks in advance will appreciate your help!!!

Text Line Font Parallel Document

Text Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
After trying to start the car, switch key off and leave in ignition. Open driver's door. Do you get a beeping to warn you key is still in ignition?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
No engine speed signal this will stop it starting and all the other lack of comms is BECAUSE its not starting.

The above is assuming you have checked the key is being seen by the car do the beep test and that you have not been messing with the battery.

If it does NOT beep and or you have had a flat battery or disconnected the battery you need to fix the key issue FIRST

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the key beep test, Tried starting car, left key in ignition on the off position, opened drivers door, the car beeped ? Help plz

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Ok thats a good sign going by your report next thing to check is crank sensor remove it from bellhousing and make sure its in 1 piece if it is it should be ok then it would be a live data reading while cranking to see what signals are present and what are not.

There is no quick fix on these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but why is there no communication with obd ? Thanks maybe its bsi unit thatrs faulty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts