Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently I purchased a used 2002 Peugeot 206 and after some time I discovered it had some strange problems. First of all the main problem is that the rear middle brake light is always on but only if the night lights are turned on. One thing I noticed while it is turned on and once you step on the brake pedal it shines a bit brighter. It's like it is receiving power from something else but I don't know where to look to fix it.
The second problem is probably related to the first and it has to do with powering off the engine. If the engine is running and the night lights are turned on and your foot is on the brake pedal, once you turn down the key and take it out of the keyhole the engine will still be running like the key is still in the cylinder. But once you remove your foot from the brake pedal everything shuts down. This doesn't work if the night lights are turned off.
And more. If the car is off and the key is not in the cylinder you can turn on the night lights and step on the brake and the dashboard and radio will turn on, which is one step from engine ignition if the key was in the cylinder.

I hope someone could give me any advice or opinion about this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Seen similar behaviour before with a 206 - someone had fitted an incorrect single filament bulb in to one of the rear lamp clusters in the stop / tail lamp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have removed the complete top rear light assembly and unplugged the cable. I used a multimeter to check the voltage and it tested a constant 12v with a slight increase when the brake pedal is pressed. I forgot to mention that the check engine light is on and is showing a P0606 error which is a PCM processor fault. Could this be related?

Edit: And the key issue is still present while the brake light assembly is removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Thanks Mr Lee, what you said was correct. One of the bulbs in the rear left tail light was incorrect. I replaced it with a proper one and the issue was gone.
Thanks again and best regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts