Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/XDFWFZJ5PhI

Hello all,

My 2015-plate Peugeot 2008 1.6 HDI Auto has developed a knocking noise when going over pot holes or rough roads. You can’t hear the noise when going on straight roads or even when going over large speed humps.

It seems to be noticeable when light braking to come to a stop and when going over rough roads and pot holes.

I’ve had it in three garages (2 local and Halfords) and they’ve had the wheels off and checked all of the obvious suspension and steering parts and all three have said they can not locate the noise but can hear it when they road test.

I’m not keen to start changing parts for the fun of it if I can avoid it.

Some forums have suggested anti roll bar links and bushes is the best place to start?

The car drives and handles absolutely fine. Recently had new pads and discs (after the noise started).

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated. Please see video above to hear the noise.

https://youtu.be/XDFWFZJ5PhI

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Damper knock is a well known issue with the 208 / 2008 & 308 T9 front suspension.

Its usually the N/S front damper that suffers first.

Rock the car backwards & forwards with the wheels still on the ground, you should hear the noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at your video this sounds exactly like the issue we had with our 2015 3008.

It just started to make a knocking noise one day and didn't think about it much. Over the course of the next week the knocking got progressively worse and the ride became a bit boat-like and floaty, though you didn't notice this all the time.

I suspected the front shock had gone (on the drivers side in our case), and this was confirmed by the dealer.

Both front shocks replaced under (extended) warranty and all back to normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi SG56001235,

Did you manage to discover what was causing the noise at all?

I have now developed a similar noise, when driving as per your same symptoms on my 2013 1.2VTi. I have just paid for the replacement and installation of the bottom rubber gearbox engine mount, as my mechanic advises that this is the likely cause only to find that the noise is still there. Any update/conclusion to your situation would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

MickeyO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello. I had both front shock absorbers replaced and it fixed the noise instantly.

Kind regards
Sam

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I would not have to chill if people actually READ things before posting unnecessary posts filling the forum with more repeats than BBC2.

The info IS in the thread if people read properly !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sam,

Thanks for your quick reply and update.

I purposefully asked you for confirmation as to whether your issue was also shock absorber related, as I couldn't see that you had confirmed this. I thought it sensible to check, just in case you had discovered a new issue not already shared, so I can pass on to my mechanic.

Once again, thanks, really appreciated.

Mickey 'O'

·
Registered
1 Posts
Part Number

I read somewhere, now cant find it, that the front shocks have been modified with a new part number. Anyone know:
what was the modification?
the new part number?

TIA

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts