Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2008 (2015 1.6 Diesel) a couple of weeks ago, but have this ongoing problem with a rattle that appears to be coming from behind the driver's side instrument panel. Been into the garage twice now, they replaced some facia yesterday but rattle is still there.
Booked in again for Monday. Anyone got any ideas? :(

PS
Otherwise this is a great car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the rattle is still there, going into Peugeot on Monday, they heard it but like all rattles it's hard to locate so are going to keep it for a few days. Fingers crossed.:tantrum:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same sort of thing in my 3008, had it less than a week. Seems it might be the trade off for having such an interior ( I can only speak of the 3008). Mine seems to diminish after the cars temperature has increased. It doesn't bother me that much, at least not at the moment. Good look tomorrow, hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Andy, seem with mine it is there some days and gone the next. normally i would ignore it but it gets quite loud. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on the dash rattle, Peugeot have had the car since Monday keeping me updated all the way, unfortunately the service manager was unable to hear it even though the mechanic who did the road test with me could, so i returned to pick the car up again, only to find the rattle was indeed worse....turned the car around went for a test drive with the service manager who could hear it straight away. So another courtesy car and back in it goes.
This car has spent more time in the garage nearly than the time i have owned it for this problem, which is a little annoying.:(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well at least we got a comment., :thumb:

They have i think until Monday to fix the problem (falls within the 30 day consumer rights legislation), then i will be going for returning the car and a full refund.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well at least we got a comment., :thumb:

They have i think until Monday to fix the problem (falls within the 30 day consumer rights legislation), then i will be going for returning the car and a full refund.
your lucky, my old pug cant get a refund lol, i found a loose heatshield under my turbo what broke loose, i decided to live with it as there is no place to tie it down nor will it fall out. Just one of those things.

But best of luck with yours and hoping for a good result. :nod:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your lucky, my old pug cant get a refund lol, i found a loose heatshield under my turbo what broke loose, i decided to live with it as there is no place to tie it down nor will it fall out. Just one of those things.

But best of luck with yours and hoping for a good result. :nod:
If they fix the rattle i will be more than happy, it's a lovely car for the money, if they don't the clock is ticking.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well drove out tonight after being told all was fixed, loose fuel line they said. Got about 20 yards and rattle is still there, service manager heard it again pulling his hair out he said as it's coming from the engine compartment. One more try then refund, i hope.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow is D Day for this car, we have been in touch with the Dealership we purchased from and informed them if it not repaired we will be requesting a refund in full in line with the Trading Standards Act and the 30 day guarantee of refund.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Refund being issued, good luck everyone with your Pugs, i might be back i might not as my experience with french cars has not been great up to now......we shall see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to here that, I'm loving my 3008 , my rattle turned out to be the plastic glove box on the drivers side. It rattles on start up and then seems to go away after a while. It was doing my head in, but now I hardly notice it's there 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a 2008 (2015 1.6 Diesel) a couple of weeks ago, but have this ongoing problem with a rattle that appears to be coming from behind the driver's side instrument panel. Been into the garage twice now, they replaced some facia yesterday but rattle is still there.
Booked in again for Monday. Anyone got any ideas? :(

PS
Otherwise this is a great car.
I had a rattle in front of the driver - it went away when I reset the steering column. I've done it more than once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts