Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a peugeot 307 2003 reg - it wasnt disclosed it was an import but after reading the warranty book i have noticed that it is - from belgium.
The log book or manual does not give any details about the model of the car - except it is a 1.6 petrol and 1587cc.
It is metallic red, has pas, electric windows to front and winding to rear, has a cd player (not a multichanger), cloth interior, 16inch alloy wheels, electric door mirrors (not heated) has air conditioning and no sunroof.
Ive exhausted every avenue in trying to find the model type and the VIN number is not recognisable as its an import !!!
Can anyone help???
Thanks in advance... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not completely sure :

As log book states:

registration as 17/03/2003

varaiant c version b ....

Due to the dvla chnaging its stance on imports with its rights on fair trading their are no details on the log book ... but I am having issues in selling it on as it does not sho up on dealership systems when they type in the registration plate ... they are then asking if its an import and the price trhey offer me is immediately knocked down based on this !!!!

I bought the car in Oct 2003 and paid £5295 for it - i dont believe i underpaid for it and was not aware of its import status until its service the following year !!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Any stickers on the drivers side pillars when you open the door steering wheel side and if so what are they?

Is the colour and any details the same on the information i gave you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there -
Just checked the warranty and it is 21/03/2003...
Is metallic red has body coloured bumpers - no electric seats etc etc sounds right to me especially when i check the bumf online (problem is the xs trim relates to australian and new zealand cars mainly...)

Drivers pillars - NOTHING i'm afraid.

[Problem is there is no XS trim for the uk version of the car and it doesnt help in describing the car to posible buyers in part excahnges ... especially whne they are using the fact its an import to knock me down highly on the price !! ]

Thanks again,
:)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Sorry couldn`t help more , if you can print that off at some stage and let me know i`ll delete it ,
or if you want me to edit the xs bit let me know before you print.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not too worry - you did well to find something !!!!

Ive spent days searching ....

Ive saved the bit about the xs - many thanks.

Cheers
Thanks again.

·
Registered
535 Posts
put this into Google and click

peugeot 307 2003 site:be

have a look at the pictures of cars for sale and see if you can find your precise model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone .... signed upto peugeot online to receive exclusive offers etc and put my vin number in .. took a couple of days for them to process it but hey ho it came back as a 307 5 door rapier 1.6 16v... Thanks to all for your help.
M x:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts