Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all have an abs fault on my new car. not your normal fault doesnt pulsate through the pedal.

when connected to pp it says pp2000 not referenced and when you click it says the abs pump is not matched to the engine or type

anyone know a way of finding out the correct abs pump for my car. will servicebox show it

i feel a wrong type of abs pump has been fitted the light goes off on every restart so not a major issue

i want to change the wheels but cant access to change the settings

·
11,731 Posts
Try Diagbox on a revision C Lexia to see if that connects. If not then its a case of checking the wiring from the bonnet fusebox to it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had one recently with an ABS ECU fault, turned out to be the 30 amp fuse in the engine bay. Worth taking a look there.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did get some codes somehow when i pressed the info on pp

c1337 - right rear wheel sensor

u1208 - no communication from engine ecu to abs ecu

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have an esp button but it doesnt do anything. is this connected?
Does the ESP lamp come on when pressed in driving mode?

Possible brake lamp switch faulty or bad connection?

As you know the ESP system is linked to the ABS so could be giving you the grief.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had a company car with ESP - never knew what it did until trying to drive up a hill covered in Ice and snow. All it did was limit the engine revs when one of the wheels started spinning. Made it very difficult to actually get rolling forward.

ESP seems to be the opposite of ABS - ABS stops the wheels locking up when braking whereas ESP prevents the driving wheels from spinning when accelerating, cornering fast.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all. it gets deeper the car originally had 17 inch alloys. now only 15 inch so maybe playing it up even more lol

will check the fuses first. disconnect abs pump and clean contacts

the weird thing is the speedo works and this runs off the abs sensor.

the esp light never comes on its got the button for it but nothing happens

P

·
0 Posts
Ah forgot that's where it was. Thought was under different menu. My bad.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looked on planet today. esp was absent so turned it on and got esp asr fault

no matter what i do the abs wont connect

keeps going on about incorrectly matched vehicle or ecu

dont think any diagbox will fix this

·
Registered
253 Posts
I feel your pain here Monty. Communication faults are very very difficult to remedy. :mad:

This must be as discussed a wiring, connector block on the ABS pump unit which incorporates the ESP system.

Possible dry joint or dirty/corroded female/male connectors.

Get yourself gallons of electrical cleaner and allow plenty of time for this one.

I have every faith in your ability that you will find this fault.

I take it the diagnostic system will not allow you to clear the faults due to no communication?

Would you be tempted to disconnect the battery and do a full reset on all systems?

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
253 Posts
i cant access the abs ecu so im not sure. thats what i wanted to change :D
Yet again learning something new I did not even know you had to re-programme these variants if your change the wheel configuration. That's made me think why I had so much trouble with my ABS faults. Funny enough the lamp has not come on in a while me thinking the ECU adapts to the changes or 'learns' new value and adjusts the parameters accordingly. :eek:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also to add no maxi fuses are blwon and you can hear the abs pump doing something when planet tries to connect. it sounds rough though

will use my sat nav to see if the speedos accurate enough with 16 inch wheels

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right checked the speed with the sat nav and its pretty much there.

it was icy this morning and i tested the abs on a quiet road and it didnt seem to kick in.

noticed the wheel arch liner has a small hole broke at the front of the car. waters getting in everywhere

only thing that seems to work is the speedo.

G

·
0 Posts
i cant access the abs ecu so im not sure. thats what i wanted to change :D
Sorry to butt in, I think you can enter the different wheel sizes on Planet in the Replacement Parts or maybe it was the Accessories section......

I think if you had a cracked ring or dodgy sensor then a fault would have flagged up, have you unplugged the ABS ecu and cleaned the connections?

I really should read the whole thread before pressing the 'Post Reply' button...:nono:

I did a diagnostic on a friends 406 coupe recently - his Planet hardware developed a fault and would read everything apart from the engine ECU, but my Planet does - maybe try a different set of leads?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts