Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have little trouble with my 2,0. it turns around but wont start. when i got it the alternator belt was broken. put a new belt and a camshaft sensor on and it wont start. before the belt broke it did run fine
i have these fault codes:

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
1 BEEP TEST
2 LIVE DATA not codes we need to see
cranking speed
cam and crank sync
Is the fuel pump priming ?

IM assuming petrol as you dont say if its diesel we need to see fuel pressure too

·
6,077 Posts
Not sure on petrol models but on HDI broken aux belt can get behind bottom pulley and cause can belt to jump

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats it a beep test?
I will try and get the live data today or tomorrow

windy1603: No signs that it has hit the timing belt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i can heat the pump prime. i will get back to you with some live data tomorrow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried to get live data but my delphi doesnt work with the car
how do i find the markings for timing belt?

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
There are no markings you need the correct tools as these engines have a strange set up and are NOT timed at top dead centre there are a few threads floating around with all the info do a search

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keyfob that i can lock with only works to unlock/lock car. And the other key should work to start with. Im starting to think its something with the keys🤔

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thought the RFK engine code in the Delphi screen shot shouted out it was petrol

I plugged Delphi into my 307 ... told by many mechanics it was the best tool to diagnose any defect
20 minutes of head scratching and no connection I told them to to shove it ... with their excuse it may need a software update
Clone PP. saved the day

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
It does not matter if it's a clone mistake you are making is assuming all tools read all cars they dont.

They also dont tell you what's wrong the HELP to decide where the fault is.

Sometimes you see a group of faults and based on experience you know whats wrong but in most cases diagnostics is just part of the process

Diagnostics are only as good as the user and the users knowledge allows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reason why i mentioned key battery is i once had similar problem with my 307 2.0L AL4 engine when suddenly after nicely parking at my work place for 2hrs would not start at all but i could lock and unlock doors. I jump started it with another car thinking it was a flat battery. It could only crank! My car battery was even relatively new, 6 months old. So i towed it home only to realise it was only the key battery after i replaced it with a new one and re-initialised the key by pressing the accelerator pedal fully while turning the key to ON position and releasing the pedal after 3 seconds. After that it was starting normally again..:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts