Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was interested in buying a 2008 5 door Peugeot 107 second hand from a local dealer and he told me that the car has a Toyota engine (the same they have for the Aygo).

Is this correct, or the engine was replaced and the dealer is trying to rip me off? It is also listed like that in the logbook.

I would be glad if someone can clear this one out for me and provide me with any supporting links so I can read on this..

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So as such, it doesn't have a Peugeot engine if I'm getting it correct. I understand that they worked together on the C1/107/Aygo, but though each one of them might have a different engine and was worried that the car might have been involved in some accident and the engine was replaced.

C

·
0 Posts
The engines of Daihatsu origin, made in Poland by Toyota. Phase 1 and 2 versions are identical, the current phase III has some detail differences to keep it compliant with the latest round of emissions regs but is 95% the same

Even on the 107 the engine has 'Toyota' and 'VVTi' stamped all over it so what tyre seeing is normal.

C

·
0 Posts
It's a very cosmopolitan car - designed in France by an Italian man, built in the Czech Republic and powered by a Japanese engine built in Poland with mainly Japanese electrics.

The 107s the best of the 3. It holds its value the best an is less prone to Faults than the Aygo and model for model is generally better kitted than the C1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can sign up for an account and check yourself:

Peugeot Service Box
Hi Gibbo,

I managed to obtain the chasis number and subscribed to the servicebox link you provided me.

Can you tell me how I can get a detailed report of the car? Unfortunately I am not so techy and did not manage to use the interface. If you can tell me which section/link I need to click on to get a report I would be glad.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts