Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the group,

My daughters 107 has developed a miss-fire on cylinder 2, the car has covered just 35k miles.

I first thought that it was some sort of 'limp home mode' as the engine warning light was on. I have since found out that it was an actual miss-fire.

I have replaced the coil pack unit for that cylinder, i also changed all the spark plugs. But the miss-fire is still there, along with the warning light.

So, what should i be looking for next???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

·
6,431 Posts
I would check electrical connection to the injector next and maybe a tin of fuel treatment

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could be a faulty injector, head gasket, bent/burned valve etc.

Do a compression test first. That will tell you if the motor itself is the cause.

If that checks out, idle the motor and listen to the injectors using an automotive stethoscope/screwdriver/tube- you should hear a steady click as each one fires. In the absence of this click, check wiring for corrosion/water/breaks. You can test for a faulty injector by swapping injectors over an see if the misfire follows a particular injector. If it does not, wiring/electrical/ecu will be your issue.

P.S. You can buy these stethoscopes on ebay/local shops for cheap, beats trying to hold a screwdriver/tube to your ear to listen.. ;) They are very useful for isolating all sorts of car problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All OK guys... Many thanks for the advice, i have a stethoscope on order, and a compression tester, i can't find mine... :mad:

i shall check it all when it gets here, i will post my results should get it fixed :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, happy new year! Hope everyone had a good Christmas & New Year.

And with that, back to my daughters 107.

I pulled the fuel rail off and swapped injector 2 and 3 around.

First, i cleared the engine light, and then ran the engine. It was fine for a second or two, but then the misfire returned, a quick check and cylinder 2 is misfiring.

Just to check i'm not making a simple mistake here... i have a scanguage that tells me the fault code of P302 (that might be P0302??)

Google brought up a list of codes for the 107 and i tied this to cylinder 2. That is right isn't it??

It's obviously not going to be my year as my landrover has also developed a fault.. it never rains when it can pour down :mad:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
P0301 Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder #2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cylinder #3 Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder #4 Misfire Detected

etc..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P0301 Cylinder #1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder #2 Misfire Detected
P0303 Cylinder #3 Misfire Detected
P0304 Cylinder #4 Misfire Detected

etc..
If i get P0304, then i shall look very hard in the boot/trunk to find it LOL :lol:

Thanks for confirming though :thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
P codes go all the way to P0312 for 12 cylinder models, you will have to look behind your boot and into a long trailer to find those.. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts