Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying a peugeot 107 automatic, this may sound like a silly question but do you know if the peugeot 107 automatics roll back? As I know they are called 2-tronic etc? I am just wondering as I recently had vauxhall corsa easytronic and this rolled back a lot, rather than creep and did not get on with this.

Thank you :)

Dannielle

C

·
0 Posts
If you use the handbrake as your driving instructor told you then no car will roll back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 2-tronic is a manual gear box with an electronic clutch and an electronic gear shifter, so it behaves like a manual gear box and that means it rolls back on hills if left in neutral without engaging the hand brake. You will have to apply hand brake on neutral to stop the car from rolling backward or forward. And, it does not have hill assist like the more modern 2-tronic, for e.g. VW UP asg gear box. During up hill start you will have to disengage hand brake on reaching the biting point (as you press on the accelerator you will feel the biting point, and then release your hand brake). Is it easy for die hard fans of traditional automatics to learn to use this car? Yes it is. My brother who lives in USA and has only driven real automatics for past 20 years is on a visit here and drives our Aygo MMT all around Sweden without problem. Just remember to use your hand brake more often and there is no such thing as "Park" in this car. Park is neutral plus hand brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts