Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to the forum...Well currently im viewing this peugeot 106 xrd 1.5 95 model and close to buying it. I couldnt get it checked out by a mechanic because its far off to get it to the mechanic but on the whole the car seems to run well. A little problem which I encountered and the guy selling it told me how to fix it but I wasn't too convinced about it was while driving something was making a thumbling noise and it came from the front right wheel. The guy said it was this bolt near the shock absorber which is always getting loose and said its not a cost to fix just tightening the bolt. Has anyone ever encountered this with their car? Thanks p.s what do you think about 106 diesel cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I eventually got it check out by an expert mechanic and said that the wishbones needed changing because they were getting loose and even with the slightest bump the whole tire could have come off. The mechanic said also that most 106's encounter problems with wishbones can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
IMO i know 4 ppl that have had this spec of 106 and there a waste of tym, they spent more tym in the garage being repaired than they did on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

It may well be incidental but my bro has had one of these for about 4 years and apart from the usual wear and tear it hasn't had a problem. I used to drive it regularly and found it to be a really surprisingly good drive. Sure it's not the most glamorous and the diesel unit is a little bit slow till you are up and running but for £10 in the tank it just runs and runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts