Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel 2000 was working fine and now will not start , I th bought it may have been the battery and bought a new one and connected it but the car will still not turn over or start? Is this the starter motor and is there anything I can try before I take the car to the garage
Any help appreciated :)
Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
1) Are there any lights on the dash?

2) Does the starter not cut in at all??

3) Have you tried a bump start...

G

·
0 Posts
Okay, I'm surprised the bump start didn't do anything....

Try giving the starter a wallop with a mallet or something ( in case its jammed ) and if this doesn't work, try putting the car in 3rd with the engine off and rocking the car back and forth, it'll be a bit lumpy when you rock it...

Hopefully either of these will get the car going and then point to a starter fault.

If not, then it could be electrical/bad earth somewhere which is a bit out of my depth...:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi , have tried to bump start the car again and it has now started and seems to be running okay , would you recommend still getting a new starter motor fixed or was it simply jammed thanks

G

·
0 Posts
It seems it may have been a one-off then....

I was thinking bad earth but as you have dashboard lights, but no starter I was kinda hoping it was the starter at fault.

Has this happened before? Was the starter getting slow and struggling to turn the engine over..??

I would suggest parking on a hill - facing downwards - for a while until the starter regains your trust...:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts