Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, please bear with me as I have limited mechanical experience. I have a S reg 106 which has an intermittent starting issue. The engine will turn over and make a noise (so not starter motor) but won't 'catch'. It's quite sporadic and doesn't seem linked to outside factors (heat, amount of time not running etc). I believe the issue is with the cable into the coil pack (not the ht leads - the electrical cable to the coil pack). If it is reluctant to start then wiggling this cable works. The plastic sheath of the cable is split and I can see someone has tried to repair with electrical tape. But I don't know what this cable is called or where the other end goes to. I'm hoping to get a price and try to replace it to see if that helps. Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I`m pretty sure what you're talking about will be part of the engine wiring harness,so not sold separately.
I would suggest you find yourself an auto electrician.He will be able to repair the wiring with proper connectors,shrink wraps etc.Also it would be worth checking to see if any fault codes have been stored?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts