Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peugeot 106 dasboard (year -96 and older) - Problem solved!

Can someone say, that can I change my car's (analog-)clock-dasboard to rpm-dasboard (same year model). Will it go without changes? If not, how these dasboards differs from another? My car is 106 XN with 1.1 engine.

Edit. I know that the rpm-meter is electronic (so cables won't be needed), but can it be that the clock-dasboard lacks an rpm sensor and/or it's wires?

I would be glad if someone can help me with this problem.

Problem solved.
I tried to change an rpm-dashboard and it worked nearly ok, but the oil temperature/level meter, on the right, didn't. It was a small suprise for me, that the rpm meter worked right away after connecting same wires to rpm-dasboard as to the clock-dashboard.

Can somebody say, what is the point to have an oil temp. meter? Am I wrong when I believe that oil temp. can rise only after water temp is very high.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Patrik28 said:
Can someone say, that can I change my car's (analog-)clock-dasboard to rpm-dasboard (same year model). Will it go without changes? If not, how these dasboards differs from another? My car is 106 XN with 1.1 engine.

Edit. I know that the rpm-meter is electronic (so cables won't be needed), but can it be that the clock-dasboard lacks an rpm sensor and/or it's wires?

I would be glad if someone can help me with this problem.

Problem solved.
I tried to change an rpm-dashboard and it worked nearly ok, but the oil temperature/level meter, on the right, didn't. It was a small suprise for me, that the rpm meter worked right away after connecting same wires to rpm-dasboard as to the clock-dashboard.

Can somebody say, what is the point to have an oil temp. meter? Am I wrong when I believe that oil temp. can rise only after water temp is very high.
NO the oil in your car will heat up as the car's engine is running,it is totally independant to the water temperature

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In what cases do you actually need to watch oil temperature? Does it involve only with car racing.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Patrik28 said:
In what cases do you actually need to watch oil temperature? Does it involve only with car racing.
If you are sitting in a traffic jam watch all the temp gauges.It is also a quick indication of some problems that may arise but 99% of the time you wont need to bother with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts