Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Peugeot 106 1.1 2001 that has had a knocking nose that seems to be coming from driver side area since I purchased it. However with different things I have replaced on it the sounds changes in volume and frequency. At the minute bathe knocking seems to be happening when the car becomes warms. So far I have replaced the drive shaft, brake calliper, pads and discs. Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,761 Posts
Strut top bearing? I did one on my 306 to stop a knock.

·
Super Moderator
1,761 Posts
Not all the time, but at some point on every journey. No pattern as such but was related to road conditions. Worse on bad roads or speed bumps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Knocking when moving

As STEVOXSI said sounds like it could be that top bearing or:
1, bottom ball joint on wishbone or bushes.
2. Steering track rod end.

The ball joints are easy to test.
With the car on the ground, turn your steering all the way to the left and this will hive you access to them. Get a large lever or screwdriver and wedge it between the balljoint clamp and the wishbone and see if you can move it. Do the same with the track rod end.
Also, check your balljont rubbers and if they are split and have brown dirty grease in them, you can bet they are worn.

The top bearing can be checked by bouncing the corner of the car with the bonnet open and looking for free play. You can also use a lever or screwdriver to see if it moves freely with loads of play. If it does, it`s u/s.

The only other thing to check are the two wishbone bushes that hold it onto the subframe. You can use the lever principle with those as well.

Warning. Do not jack the car up to this or you will put all the joints uner tension and therefore find it virtually impossible to see the problem.

If you need any more advice, just ask :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts