Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im having problems with my 1007 a few days ago the car wouldnt start ,it didnt turn over at all tried several times and previously its always started first time called the aa had a coffee gave it one last attempt before they got there and it started so i cancelled the aa and everything was fine for a couple of days then it happened again so i called the aa and when they arrived it started before they left they tried it again and it wouldnt so they tested the battery , fuses locked unlocked the car a few times tried the spare key and tried to bump it all this didnt work so they towed it to a garage and guess what it started working again no faults showing when they plugged it in they kept it all day and it was faultless so off we went a day later and its happened again and wont start , im not at any stretch a mechanic but i assume that as the battery and fuses where tested and the car wont bump start its not the starter motor, battery or fuses the mechanic said if the imobileser was faulty the engine would turn over but not start and it doesnt turn over so i assume its not the key, transponder or imobiliser . my other half is a comunity care worker and neads this car to work it means shes stopping and starting it all day realy nned to get it fixed but have no idea what to do ,any sugestions or anything else i can try ?
thanks sam

C

·
0 Posts
Never, ever try to bump start an HDi.

Intermittent faults are a sod. Only way round is to leave it with a garage to try driving several times a day until the fault recurs, then they might be able to locate it.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Never, ever try to bump start an HDi.

Intermittent faults are a sod. Only way round is to leave it with a garage to try driving several times a day until the fault recurs, then they might be able to locate it.
i bump start my 1.4 hdi 307 every day as its a pain to strat first thing in a morning with veg oil in tank been doing this over 4 years and not had a problem maybe you mean jump start

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
hi, im having problems with my 1007 a few days ago the car wouldnt start ,it didnt turn over at all tried several times and previously its always started first time called the aa had a coffee gave it one last attempt before they got there and it started so i cancelled the aa and everything was fine for a couple of days then it happened again so i called the aa and when they arrived it started before they left they tried it again and it wouldnt so they tested the battery , fuses locked unlocked the car a few times tried the spare key and tried to bump it all this didnt work so they towed it to a garage and guess what it started working again no faults showing when they plugged it in they kept it all day and it was faultless so off we went a day later and its happened again and wont start , im not at any stretch a mechanic but i assume that as the battery and fuses where tested and the car wont bump start its not the starter motor, battery or fuses the mechanic said if the imobileser was faulty the engine would turn over but not start and it doesnt turn over so i assume its not the key, transponder or imobiliser . my other half is a comunity care worker and neads this car to work it means shes stopping and starting it all day realy nned to get it fixed but have no idea what to do ,any sugestions or anything else i can try ?
thanks sam
check for a loose angine earth and was the car going fast enough when trying to bump

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, thanks for the replies i assume the aa man was going fast enough to bump it i wasnt there but the other half said he was pushing it fast down a hill and tried twice then got her out the car and a passer buy to help push while he tried to start it as well. ive checked the battery connectors are tight and followed the negative i can see it bolts onto the engine block soon after the battery this seems tight although it is in a awkward place , is this what you mean by checking the main earth? i have looked on jim buttersworth site which helped me fix the door actuators very well and it lists a brake switch aparently found under the passengers foot well as a common fault it says its part of the ignition circuit has anyone heard of this before or know how i could test it to rule it out ?

C

·
0 Posts
i bump start my 1.4 hdi 307 every day as its a pain to strat first thing in a morning with veg oil in tank been doing this over 4 years and not had a problem maybe you mean jump start
No, I meant bump. One should never bump a car with a separate high pressure and lift pumps. It puts too much pressure on the hp pump and risks killing the cam belt. You've been a very lucky boy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts